New info for Walk From Obesity Event Saturday

Trisha
on 9/21/05 10:20 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi, I have gotten more info on Saturday's event and it looks like things should be wrapped up by 9am or so that day. I have to be there by about 5am or so to set up the ObesityHelp booth so I'm sure by the end of event I'll be pooped and want to go home and get some zzzz's! So since event ends earlier than I thought, SouperSalad won't even be open yet. So lunch is out for this Saturday. Event starts at 7am, so those that are coming, be there by 7am. If you haven't registered yet, you can do so at the event. Just be there by 6:30 or so to register. Here's the agenda for the event: 6:30am - REGISTRATION ALL welcome to get free giveaways from booths FREE water for all participants Lots of KIDS activities and events!!! 7:00am - "Walk From Obesity" event begins A couple reps from ABSA will welcome everyone and speak Music starts and they have us all warm up and stretch following some exercise physiologists on stage 7:30am - Walk begins - people can walk as fast or as slow as they want and as far or as short as they want. There are chairs and rest stations at every corner with water and such and people can sit and visit or whatever. 8:00am - Event ends, get more free stuff, go home Again there are LOTS of activities for children, so bring them along!!! I hope to see a lot of you there Saturday!!! Should be fun!! Trisha 101 pounds lost since 3/8/05 Lap RNY - Dr. Daniel Fang Phoenix WLS Support Group - pre-ops & post-ops welcome! http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS
Arizona_Sun
on 9/21/05 11:34 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Trisha - last year the event (the walking part) ended at about 8 a.m. AND then they did all the raffle, door prizes, and etc. and that drug on until past 10 a.m. (I am thinking 10:30 - 11 or so). The walk was only a half hour and I believe they are allowing an hour this year. I do suggest that since we are supposed to have a sunny day, if the sun/heat bothers anyone, bring an umbrella for instant shade. There are not many shady spots available. Sandy
Most Active