Greeting from Hospital

diamanti1
on 9/21/05 1:39 am - Peoria, AZ
i just wanted to let everyone kno that I am through the surgery and all things are going relatively well. The procedure ended up taking nearly 4 hours because Dr. Blackstone needed to do a hernia repair. Another bummer is that I will be in the hospital until at least Saturday. I won't have my gulp test until friday at the earliest. Anyway...thanks for the continued support.
Melissa P
on 9/21/05 2:59 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi David, Well I am glad everthing is good now. It was better to get the hernia now and not have to do a second surgery. I am having surgery with Dr. Blackstone also. I have not met her yet. Going through a three month diet first. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and good luck with the weight loss. Melissa
Ginger
on 9/21/05 5:17 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi David, Congradulations on your surgery. You didn't know it but your post just answered a question that I posted on the over 50 BMI board. I think I have another hernia and I was wondering if the surgeon could do a hernia repair while on the table with GBS or if it would have to be done in a separate surgery. I was worried about the hernia being in the way of the "job at hand". Did you have the whole thing open or lap? and did you know ahead of time that the hernia repair was going to happen? Take care...we are all behind ya! best wishes for your speedy recovery! Virginia
diamanti1
on 9/21/05 9:17 am - Peoria, AZ
I didn't know that I had the hernia and it was identifiedon the table. They were able to keep it as a LAP procedure so I am extremely happy. whoops....time to breath and get my in room facial.
Darlene X
on 9/21/05 6:53 am - Maricopa, AZ
David!!!! Good to hear from you!!! I thought I'd pop over to the AZ board just to see if you had posted! Im glad the surgery went ok, and like previously said, its better they caught the hernia now! Happy recovery!!!! Darlene
Trisha
on 9/21/05 10:39 am - Glendale, AZ
I think it's GREAT that you have internet access at the hospital!! I know when a member of the PhoenixWLS group had their surgery there a couple months ago and posted to the board i'm like you are home already and they were like no, still in hospital. Wish St. Luke's would have that feature there. Such a nice touch. Glad your surgery went well and glad she also did a hernia repair. You don't get any food until after the leak test...so hang in there!!! Keep walking and sitting in that recliner. You'll make it. Trisha -101 lbs since 3/8/05
Do-over Girl
on 9/22/05 12:10 pm - Tempe, AZ
David--so glad to hear that "surgery and all things are going relatively well". I agree that having it all done in one surgery vs. two will be a huge benefit now and later. Don't rush home too soon...I know people were surprised that I was only there 3 days and 2 nights...but I wanted to be able to sleeppppppppp. My last day, I had to really work on my breathing to keep it over 80-90 on room air vs. oxygen once I could show I could do that...Dr. Amy was okay with releasing me. My sister and I both felt that if I needed to stay that was okay since driving back to the hospital again would not have been fun. Aahh that wonderful gulp test! Hated it but it is vital and meant I could finally have liquids. Glad to hear/see you are alert enough to email. Personally I had the attention span of a knat!
Most Active