Final 20 lbs

cynthia E.
on 9/8/05 6:06 am - buckeye, AZ
I need some input. I went in for my 9 month checkup this week @ Dr. Juarez office. I am now down 90 lbs. I have the last 20 to go. I know I only have 3 months to go before I hit the 1 year mark but I am so tired of eating the same stuff day after day. It seems like all I do is eat, count calories and protein grams. Any idea's how I can jazz things up this last 3 months? Any idea's would be great. thanks, Cynthia
Sheryl Tilley
on 9/8/05 7:43 am - Prescott, AZ
HI Cynthia -- Maybe you could change your exercise routine and go from walking to fast walking. Or enroll at a place like Curves. As far as eating goes, I don't know -- maybe try new flavors with herbs on your food. Sheryl
Do-over Girl
on 9/8/05 9:14 am - Tempe, AZ
Cynthia--I just ordered two books that have WLS-related recipes/cookbooks. I'm planning ahead and always looking for ideas since I feel variety is always helpful. The other thing I've heard is altering your exercise plan or taking up a new form of exercise also shakes up your system a bit. Here are the book titles...the Susan Marie Leach book should be at your local library or they can get either title via interlibrary loan if you want to check them out first. jmf Before & After--Susan Maria Leach (she's a trained chef who had WLS) And Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery (over 140 recipes) -Patt Levine
Marilyn C.
on 9/14/05 12:44 am - Bullhead City, AZ
Hi Cindy, Just wondering why are you eating the same thing all of the time. No one ever said you could not eat. You just need to limit the sugar content & the fat/carb intake somewhat. You just need to eat protein first vegies or fruit next. Keep your meals small & only 3 a day and try not to snack. Drink tha****er & yeah we have to exercise. You should be able to eat just about anything at this point so give other stuff a try. You will find that life is a lot better for you. You do not have to treat this as being in jail or anything like that. By the way you have done great, & I am sure you will get that last 20lbs off. Just because you will ba a year out soon, you will not automatically stop losing weight. If you go back to old habits, than yes, you might start gaining, but everything else still works.] Marilyn, the Bearlady
mrs.3m
on 9/14/05 1:17 am - Mesa, AZ
I agree with Marilyn, why are you eating the same thing every day. At this stage, you should be able to eat anything. Making sure your portions are right and that protien comes first. One thing I was told and I live by it is that I did not do this so that I can be on a diet for the rest of my life. I don't count calories, I don't count fat grams or carb intake. I know what I can & can not eat and I follow that. I know when I am full and I stop. It is a lifestlye change not a lifetime diet. I suggest you branch out and try new foods.
Most Active