Katrina-What do the children need?

Allie
on 9/2/05 7:39 am
HI everyone!! I am going to be attending a meeting with my son and the meeting is about a project to help the children of Katrina that have lost everything and will not be able to attend school for quite a while. Can anyone please give me some ideas as to what these children may need, besides the obvious things? I want to bring some good quality ideas to the table, something that will really benefit the children there. Also can anyone give me some good, fun, creative ways that 5th and 6th graders can raise money for the cause too? Thank you all in advance for all of the suggestions and I hope that in our small way here, we can help out abundantly!! Thank you all, Allie from Texas
Trisha
on 9/4/05 3:14 pm - Glendale, AZ
This was posted locally here in Arizona, but it is good for all locations: WELCOME KITS FOR KIDS The items are to be put into a one gallon clear ziplock bag. Items may include crayons, colored pencils, small puzzles, coloring books, blank paper, pencils, small "Hotwheels" type cars, small dolls or stuffed animals (small enough to put into the bag). Older children would like writing paper, pens, crossword or puzzle books. These care packages will make a big difference to these children in welcoming and soothing them. Trisha -95 lbs
Most Active