2 week update

Donna P.
on 8/27/05 3:10 am - Taylor, AZ
Hi all, Just a quick update. I am feeling Great. Down 21 lbs since surgery 8/11/05. No nauesa, very little diarea, no pain. Sleep on my tummy. I have been back to work full time since 8/22/05. Dr Juarez and his staff of surgeons ROCK. My blood pressure has dorped 30 points and I am no longer on any of my meds. I can tell that my health is improving everyday. I am walking 1 hour plus, daily. I wish I had done this years ago. Thank you for all of your advise and support, without it I know I would not be doing so well. For all of you waiting for your big day keep positive and all will go well. I do have one note of bad news. My cousin, 35 years old, 550 lbs, went in for gastric bypass on monday, they put him under and before they could even start the surgery his heart stopped. It was not the surgery it was that he had abused his heart so much with weight that he did not make it. He had this done in Las Vegas, NV. He left a wife and a 10 year old daughter. Too sad but I hope this is a example to all of us to get on the losing side and survive. Thanks again for all the advise and support. Until next update. Donna 338 - 21 = 317
Clara W.
on 8/27/05 7:44 pm - Benson, AZ
Donna, Our prayers are with you and your cousins family. You are doing GREAT girl. Keep up the good work. Clara
Trisha
on 8/28/05 8:37 am - Glendale, AZ
Congrats, Donna!!! That is great!! Wow!! You are doing great!! Sorry about your cousin. How sad. We all know going into this surgery and ANY kind of surgery that it's a risk the heavier we are, so it's sad that some people die and don't get a chance to lose the weight before death. We are blessed to have survived and live life. Just goes to show you that life is short and to make the most out of EVERY opportunity. You are doing that!! Kudos!! Keep us posted!! You'll be under 300 in no time flat!! I know when I got in the 200's, I was ecstatic!!! You are losing at a great rate! Trisha -95 lbs so far
Most Active