State of AZ Employee - Insurance APPROVED!

Pamela E.
on 8/25/05 10:20 am - Buckeye, AZ
I just got approved for surgery!!! My initial request for pre-certification was submitted and turned down immediately in May. My appeal went in the first of June, and I've just now been informed I'm approved - nearly three months later. I am a State of Arizona employee with Schaller Anderson insurance and I never thought it would be possible to get approval. This surgery is an exclusion written into our medical insurance by the State. Wow. I was prepared to seek a bariatric surgery specialty attorney's assistance if it was denied again, but now I won't have to. YAY! Tomorrow Dr. Blackstone's office will call me with a surgery date. I'm floating on air right now. It's just such a relief to have this battle behind me When do I get to be a Blackstone Babe?
Sheryl Tilley
on 8/25/05 11:01 am - Prescott, AZ
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you hung in there and appealed. I get depressed over how long this has been taking so it's great to hear that you got yours through!!!! Hugs! Sheryl
desert rat
on 8/25/05 1:56 pm - Goodyear, AZ
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you didn't give up. I've been watching the boards for an update from you; I can't tell you how happy I am that you finally received approval. I really do understand what you've been through since my approval process took a long time, too. I hope you get the date you want and that the rest of the trip is a piece of cake. Relax, enjoy the count-down. I'm now 7 weeks post-op and I want you to know that the approval process really was the most difficult. Congratulations again, Dj
Gabrielle
on 8/26/05 1:12 am - Chester, VA
Congratulations on your approval! You will love the care you get at Scottsdale Shea - the staff there was great!
cynthia E.
on 8/26/05 1:39 am - buckeye, AZ
Congratulations, I am glad you didn't give up! Best of luck, keep us posted! Cynthia
Do-over Girl
on 8/26/05 2:04 am - Tempe, AZ
Pamela--so glad to hear the news! Yippee! I'm glad that you hung in there. Dr. Blackstone's staff is the best. And yes, soon you too, will be a Blackstone Babe. jmf
yoyomama
on 8/27/05 1:45 am - Ft.Thomas, AZ
What is my surgeon is Dr.Kieran? Will I be a Kieran Kutie?
Stephanie J.
on 8/27/05 3:52 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey, with your facial features, you're gonnna be a knockout no matter who does the surgery! Can't wait to see what you look like (and more importantly, hear what you feel like!!!), a year from now. Good job hangin' in there! - Stephanie J
Stephanie J.
on 8/27/05 3:55 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey, with your facial features, you're gonnna be a knockout no matter who does the surgery! Can't wait to see what you look like (and more importantly, hear what you feel like!!!), a year from now. Good job hangin' in there! - Stephanie J
Most Active