Home from hospital and on my way!

Do-over Girl
on 8/19/05 9:04 am - Tempe, AZ
Just wanted to give you all a quick update. I had my surgery with Dr. Blackstone on 8/16/05 and after 3 days/2 nights in the hospital am home to recover. They said, I got thru it very well without any problems! Yippee I'm still feeling somewhat tired and sore...but haven't needed my pain meds at home. Was nice to sleep in my own bed and not be waken up every 2 hours. No appetite but am trying to work to get all my clear liquids in. I have the dietician followup on 8/23 where I will get to move to semi-soft foods and protein supplements. Then follow-up with Dr. Blackstone on 8/25 and will get my jp drain removed then. I'm glad my sister is here to help out and also keep me on schedule with walking and fluids. Thanks for all your support. I'll be online as time and energy permit. xoxo JMF
Ginger
on 8/19/05 6:36 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi ! Congradulations on your WLS! you are on your way! So great to hear that you don't need your meds for pain--take care--and don't get discouraged. We are all here for you! *Virginia
Brandy H
on 8/20/05 12:38 am - Glendale, AZ
welcome home! glad to hear that everything went well. take it easy and we look forward to hearing your next update. take care brandy
Melissa P
on 8/22/05 12:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, I am glad everything went well. Keep us updated on your weight loss progress. Melissa
Trisha
on 8/22/05 4:32 pm - Glendale, AZ
Yay!!! Congrats!! So glad everything went smoothly and you are back home to recouperate!! Take it easy, but remember to walk often! Get online when you can, but for right now, concentrate on you!! You deserve it!! Thanks for the update!! Hugs, Trisha -92 lbs so far! Dr. Fang - Lap RNY - 3/8/05 My Profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=J1078291194 Join the general Phoenix Metro WLS Support Group: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS Having Weight Loss Surgery is the BEST thing I ever did for myself!
Shrinking F.
on 8/24/05 1:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hiya, sorry I'm late in posting, I'm bad at checking boards sometimes. HUGE congrats on the start of your new journey. Just remember to sip sip sip sip sip sip sip... it gets easier over time, I promise. Keep us posted on your progress and hang in there it's a wild ride. Hugs... Fanny Open RNY 01-13-04 297/150/happy as a lark
Sheryl Tilley
on 8/24/05 7:31 am - Prescott, AZ
Congratulations! You're really on your way now! Hugs! Sheryl
Most Active