I may be losing my insurance

Sheryl Tilley
on 8/11/05 6:37 am - Prescott, AZ
I got a call yesterday that at the first of September I may not be covered anymore. I have gotten through all my tests for the surgery -- and now this. I am going back to bed. Sheryl
VeeKay
on 8/11/05 7:37 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Are you looisng your AHCCCS? or Medicare,,or do you have Medicare because of AHCCCS?? I can see how you can loose AHCCCS, but how can you loose Medicare?? Are you on disability? Sorry I don't mean to be too nosey, but Im on Medicare due to disability, and I didn't think I could loose it? Is there any way you can get the surgery "grandfathered" in if you are that close? Sorry to hear that you are so bummed. Vee
Sheryl Tilley
on 8/11/05 7:43 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Vee! It looks like I am losing AHCCCS. I got a phone call from a guy from social security that said I would lose my medical -- but went on to say I would not be 'WITHOUT' medical. I was so upset that I didn't ask questions. But I have a phone number on the table (I realized after the shock wore off) and I think I'll call it in a few minutes. Yes, I am on disability - have been since 2000. Don't ever worry about asking too many questions -- I'm an open book and welcome all questions. Sheryl
VeeKay
on 8/11/05 1:30 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Sheryl As long as you are still on disability, you will have medicare,,and medicare covers this surgery,that is how I am getting it. Give that guy a call, I know how those AHCCCS people can be,,,almost as bad as the social security people. Thank you for not thinking I was being nosey, I didn't want to come off as that way. But I would definatly look into it, I can understand loosing AHCCCS, but not Medicare. Let us know how things work out. Vee BTW,,,where in Prescott are you?? We should get together some time.
Trisha
on 8/12/05 3:05 am - Glendale, AZ
Oh brother!! That's not good news. What kind of insurance will you have after this one runs out at the end of August? Keep going forward with pre-op surgery tests/processes. Don't give up now!! Keep us posted! Trisha Phoenix ObesityHelp Chapter Leader
Most Active