My Countdown has started....

Do-over Girl
on 8/10/05 9:11 am - Tempe, AZ
Only six more "sleeps" till I have my surgery on Tuesday Aug 16, 2005 @ 8am at Scottsdale Shea with Dr. Blackstone. I can't believe it's almost here! Okay, my nerves are setting in...I've found myself emotional the last couple of days. My plan of working up to 2 days prior has been curtailed a bit. I've been home the last 2 days trying to get rid of a pesky underarm skin rash. I've seen 2 drs for it and on my 2nd go-round of anti-biotics. Embarassing--yes. Uncomfortable--YES. My sister hasn't confirmed that she is coming down for my BIG day yet and to help afterwards. So I'm a bit miffed at that.... I know my sister will have some major issues with me being eventually "smaller" than she is...but I'm hoping this will motivate her to lose her weight before it gets to this stage. So my back-up plan with a friend taking me to the hospital is on deck. I'm trying to just think about getting thru each day and not letting my emotions and excitement take over and overhelm me. Thanks for listening.
Trisha
on 8/10/05 6:13 pm - Glendale, AZ
Yay!! This is so exciting!!!! The day has finally - or will finally arrive!! It'll be here before you know it! I'm so excited and happy for you!! Yahoo!!! Hang in there!! Congrats on making it to your surgery day!! It's your new birthday! Trisha
Brandy H
on 8/11/05 12:00 am - Glendale, AZ
5 days left now! This week is going to be a blur! Try to stay positive and keep only the positive people close at hand this week while you are waiting on your date. We are wishing you a quick and easy surgery and a speedy recovery! Good Luck! You will be a loser soon! Brandy
Ginger
on 8/11/05 12:36 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi there! Congradulations to you for getting approved for your surgery first of all--that's an accomplishment in itself Now the upcoming surgery It is so normal to have those fears--your not crazy and our bodies tend to react to stress differently...rashes...pain in the neck and shoulders...more suseptable to colds and flu etc. Oh, and let's not forget ladies......the hormone thing..it's real ! I get real emotional over what seems to others to be small things. I think also we have been "people pleasers" for so long in our life that we kinda feel guilty for having this surgery. I do, I worry about what others think and how my family will react to "the real me" that was hiding behind the fat--I guess I don't want anybody to feel uncomfortable. Your sister will come through for you! Hang in there you are in God's hands.
Stephanie J.
on 8/11/05 10:22 am - Tucson, AZ
Get ready for a body that functions so much better in so many ways. It still dawns on me occasionally that certain things that I just assumed I'd be dealing with forever no longer plague me at all. I used to have really cronic sebhoriac dermatitis on my face and in my ears (flaking and itching). I haven't had a bout of it in at least a year now. Not even something I thought the surgery was supposed to take care of, but it did. This one's a little unmentionable, but I use to also get really painful boilish eruptions on my upper thighs and pubic area (usually around the time of menstruation), every couple of months - And NO, they weren't herpes. My gynecologist agrees.- I Haven't had ONE since the surgery. My body was just so out of balance in so many ways and now that it functions properly, I'm not plagued by all those things anymore. We often talk about the actual co-morbidities getting better because the things that can kill ya like diabetes seem very important, but when I put together all the little things that I don't have to deal with any more, from rashes to cronically calloused feet to incontinence, it all feels like a really big thing. Maybe this will be the last underarm rash you ever have to deal with! Good luck on your surgery. I know right now is the most stressful and scary time, but the promise of a new life without all those little and big hassles is just around the corner. 6 months from now, you're gonna feel like a new woman! - Stephanie J
Most Active