1 month post-op

Brandy H
on 8/10/05 5:26 am - Glendale, AZ
hi arizona! just wanted to give you my 1 month (and 2 days) post op update. i am now...drum roll please...down 32 lbs. and i got measured today and i have lost 29.75 inches! YAY!!!!! i feel really good. (actually my muscles hurt i started with some free weights yesterday to try to keep toned up) i have been excercising at least 3 days a week at the gym and then i try to swim 1 or 2 other times a week at home. i walk on the treadmill for about a mile and a half now and a good pace that keeps my heart rate up for about 25 minutes then i get on the eliptical machine for about 5 minutes (i am working on that...it is HARD for a 300+ lb girl to do!! but i am working my way up!) and then i either do some stretching or i do some circuit training stuff either lower body once a week and then upper body once a week. i hope i am getting enough excercise. as far as my food intake. i am doing very well. i have no problem with anything except for "dry" meat. it just needs to be moist and i can't forget myself and eat it too quick. work is great! i am busy which, of course makes me happy. and i am working about 6 hours a day 4 days a week. 2 days ago i dropped my blanket off of my bed and without thinking i sat straight up and bent over and picked it up... and then i thought when my head hit the pillow again, "holy cow.....my stomach doesn't hurt anymore!" so for all of you pre ops. it took exactly 1 month for my abdomen to NOT hurt anymore. so, like i said, i am doing very well. and i am down 32 official pounds. my short term goal is that i want to be down 60 lbs by the time i go to new orleans in october... i am over half way there! yippee! brandy
Do-over Girl
on 8/10/05 8:57 am - Tempe, AZ
Brandy--Congrats! I have been wondering how you are doing and so glad you posted the update. Well, my day is fast approaching less than a week now. I've already got a treadmill at home and just bought a recumbent bike so I will be ready to exercise at home in the a/c and under the ceiling fan. I hope my surgery and recovery goes as fast as yours has been. It seems like we were just doing the count down for you!! xoxox
Gabrielle
on 8/10/05 9:00 am - Chester, VA
Congratulations, Brandy!!! That's great!!
Trisha
on 8/10/05 9:01 am - Glendale, AZ
WOW! Brandy you are doing great! 32 lbs in a month is AWESOME, girlfriend!! WOW! And you are doing great at your workouts! WOW. You are so proactive and have such a positive outlook and that is exactly what we need in getting to our goals and making each day count! GLad your abs don't hurt anymore. Takes a while for our insides to heal, even though it was laproscopic. Keep up the good work, Brandy!! You are doing fabulous!!! WOW!! Trisha
desert rat
on 8/10/05 12:27 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Hey surgery sister! I'm so glad you are doing so well!! I haven't lost as much as you but I'm very happy anyway. The hardest thing for me is to remember to eat SLOWLY!!! I have my "one month" appointment tomorrow (I'm a week late because of the seroma) & they'll add more things to my diet . I also haven't got an official weight loss yet but my home scale says it's 25 pounds. I'll take it!! Keep up the good work! Dj
Brandy H
on 8/11/05 12:05 am - Glendale, AZ
I also want to add that I have truly appreciated the support that everyone on this site (and in my "real life") has given me. It means so much and it helps so much to have such great people behind me in all of this. I love all of you and I want all of you who have wished me well that you help give me such motivation. So thank you all for your well wishes and kind words. Brandy
Stephanie J.
on 8/11/05 9:46 am - Tucson, AZ
Keep up the good work! You'll be helping others get there too! That's what it's all about! - Stephanie J
Sandy in Tucson
on 8/11/05 10:05 am - Tucson, AZ
U see you got a pic...you skinny thing you...wow...Sandy in Tucson 124 lbs down now
Stephanie J.
on 8/11/05 5:26 pm - Tucson, AZ
Yeah, I figured I'd better fill out something on my profile and get a picture up. A bad hair day at Patagonia Lake is still a good day! You know what I still can't figure out? - how to get my surgery date listed on my posts. I'm a real computer genius, huh. - Stephanie J
Marilyn C.
on 8/11/05 9:51 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hey Brandy, You are doing great! Keep up the good work! The weight will keep falling off quickly. You are doing all the right things. Just remember eat SLOW. It will benefit you in the long run. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active