Inexpensive bike needed

Randi D.
on 8/5/05 2:13 am - Peoria, AZ
Good morning everyone! I would like to start adding cardio into my exercise routine. I wanted to know if anyone had an inexpensive women's mountain bike that they wanted to sell? Email me privately if you do. Randi 360/254/130
Trisha
on 8/7/05 8:09 pm - Glendale, AZ
After you mentioned this Saturday in support group, I was thinking, hmmm...I should get one of those!!! I haven't had a bike in years. I'm ready for one now. I know you can get some cheap at some bike stores in the Valley and also through free cycle - an online yahoo.com group that gives away FREE stuff. Like if someone has a sofa they want to get rid of, instead of selling it, they give it away. Shannon ([email protected]) could give you the site on it. You can post things you want to give away and also respond to others that have things to give away. It's awesome. People have gotten new DVD players, clothes, furniture, appliances, etc. I haven't joined the group yet or anything, but plan to!!! I hope you find a bike and let us know how you got it. This is so exciting!! My gosh - you've lost over 100 lbs!! Wow!! What a way to go, Randi!! Kudos & keep up the good work. You look fantastic!!!! Trisha
Sandy in Tucson
on 8/8/05 11:00 am - Tucson, AZ
Trish a word to wise go with a good bike from a bike store. The bikes they sell at Walmart, etc are unsafe in my opinion. I jsut had my bike worked on....alll new everything...it was $130....but it had sat over 10 years. Good bikes keep rolling. I am looking at a new Giant brand bike $1,000. I am a situation at home...my b/f's car is about to die. i live 5 miles from work...low traffic. And i can have him drop me off at work, then he can use my truck to drive a long ways to his job. I can bike home. It will be well work the $1,000 investment....no car insurance...no tags....no payments. Sandy in Tucson I saw Dr. Fang today 123 lbs down. He said he is astounded I have done so well being a revision and all. Well, I will be down another 25 lbs when he sees me again. I have my goal set. You got have a focus in losing this weight. It is not by chance you keep on losing.
Randi D.
on 8/9/05 2:30 am - Peoria, AZ
Trisha, Thank you for your comments. I am going to purchase a bike at Walmart for 80.00. I don't want to spend a lot of money until I am sure this will be something that I will stick with. I am still teetering at 105. It is very frustrating, but I am keeping faith that my body will start losing again. Randi
Sheryl Tilley
on 8/14/05 4:45 am - Prescott, AZ
HI Randi! I'm amazed by how many good bikes for cheap I see at thrift stores. Try those. Sheryl
Most Active