Journal

VeeKay
on 7/28/05 3:23 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
OK this is probably gonna sound stupid, but how do I start a journal. I have seen so many pages with journal entries, but for the life of me I cannot seem to figure out how to start one,,,any help would be greatly appreciated. Vee
Trisha
on 7/29/05 3:02 am - Glendale, AZ
Do you mean here on ObesityHelp? To do one online here, just click the link above that says UPDATE YOUR PROFILE, sign in, and then click on GENERAL INFO (on left column). Scroll down to the COMMENTS section and enter a date and then hit enter and enter your journal and info there. I don't recommended ObesityHelp pages for DAILY journal entries because that can make your page long and boring. For a DAILY journal, I highly recommend www.fitday.com. It's FREE and you can enter your foods, exercise, weight and they have a personal journal there that is private and you can post DAILY your thoughts, what's going on, etc. There's also a TON of free blogs out there - which is like an online journal that others can read. I haven't gone that route yet, but a lot of people have and love it. I hope this helps!! And no question on here is stupid. Your question was a very good question. Thanks for posting it! Trisha -89 lbs
VeeKay
on 7/29/05 8:14 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Trisha Thank you,,,yes I did mean here on this site,,,I don't nessessarily want to do a daily journal,,,but highlight of my journey,,,like alot of other people here do. Also, do you know how people get all those fun pages here on obesityhelp?? It is their journey page,,but lots of people have banners and tickers and all kind of themes on their pages,,,do you know how they do that?? Im not disiplined enough to do a daily journal,,,I don't want to bore the entire world wide web!!LOLOL I tried that "comments" box,,,but nothing came up,,,maybe I should try again...thanks for your input Vee
Arizona_Sun
on 7/29/05 10:59 pm - Gilbert, AZ
To do the journal with the "bells n whistles" that you are referring to you need to have a basic knowledge of html and your own web site some place that you can upload your graphics to and link to. I believe that OH has staff that aids you with all of this and I would suggest that you post on the main board and perhaps someone there will tell you how to make contact with the OH staff that does this. I understand that it does take a bit of time because of the requests that they get. I have my own web site and an elementary knowledge of html so do my own page. Sandy
Most Active