Hi Arizona Board..................

Texas Girl
on 7/27/05 8:15 am
Hello to everyone,, I am new in my journey.. Just curious where everyone else is on their journey in WLS? come on tell me...!!!
Trisha
on 7/27/05 9:27 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi, Connie!!! Welcome aBOARD!! I had my lap RNY with Dr. Fang at St. Luke's on 3/8/05. I am down 89 lbs so far. I have about 120 lbs to go. My BMI on surgery day was 51 and now it's 39. I am very passionate about weight loss surgery, and I'd love to help you in any way I can. Having this surgery was the best thing I ever did for myself! Congrats on getting a surgery date! September will be here before you know it! If you have any questions, big or small, post it here. We'd love to help! Thanks for posting! Keep us updated on your pre-op progress!! Trisha -89 lbs
Marilyn C.
on 7/27/05 8:42 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Connie, Welocme to the AZ Board. You have made the right decision in my Book. The wait will be worth it. I had by surgery 15 months ago have lost 140 lbs and never had problem number 1. Very thankful for that. I do struggle now with the last 50 lbs, but,I still would do this again in a heart beat. I never could have lost this much weight on my own.. God knows I tried it all out there before. September will be here before you know it & you will be on the losing side as well. Hang in There!! BY the way for those of you that don't know I am Bearlady as I collect teddybears & have lots of them. (just a little update on me) Keep posting you will learn lots from this board. Marilyn, the Bearlady
cynthia E.
on 7/28/05 7:58 am - buckeye, AZ
Hi Connie; Welcome to the board. I will be 8 months post op tomorrow Friday. I have lost 80 lbs. I have 30-40 to go. My surgery was picture perfect. In my 2nd month, I had to have my gallbladder out. In my 5th month, I got a bacterial infection. Other then that I am doing good. I would do it again in a heart beat. Pre surgery I had asthma, diabetes, hypertension, severe joint pain, and sleep apnea. All I am left with is asthma and the joint pain. Before at 275 my back and feet hurt from the weight. Now it is my hip and knees. The doctors say it is because I don't have that cush anymore and arthiritis has set in. Sad, I am only 38. I don't miss the other diseases at all. Seems like anther lifetime now. I need to be patient in losing the rest. I get restless when I hit a plataue. Anyhow, that is my story. I am greatful to have had the chance to experence this journey. September is right around the corner. Best of luck and keep us all posted on your progress. Cynthia
sandust1
on 7/29/05 1:56 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Connie, Welcome to the AZ board. I started researching WLS in Dec of 2004 and am now two weeks post-op. I feel really good! I've lost a total of 22 lbs. God Bless, Sandy P
Clara W.
on 7/31/05 3:49 pm - Benson, AZ
Connie, Welcome! I had my surgery Oct. 28, 2003 with Dr. Patrick Chiasson in Tucson. I am down 150 lbs. since surgery. Greatest thing I did for ME! Clara
Franklin K.
on 8/2/05 12:03 am - tucson, Az
we live in tucson Az. My husband Franklin needs to have lap band surgery, and we have blue cross Fed. the last time I called NW they said they would not do anysurgery lapband for anyone over the age of 64..he needs to have this done or he might not live very long, with his many heart problems..any help would be greatly appreicated...The heart Doc feels that the lapband would be the best for him and less risk because of his heart..would like to hear from anyone who knows how we can go about having this surgery done.thanks so much..and wishing all those who have already had it done..Barbara
Most Active