Need help with letter...........

Darlene X
on 7/24/05 1:27 pm - Maricopa, AZ
OK, so Hubby has his last appt tomorrow with the cardiologist, he's had the psych eval, he's done the pulmonologist stuff, we have his medical records, a letter of reccomendation from his PCP..... the only thing left is that they are requesting he send in a personalized letter/request..... any idea's on what to put in that????????????? Then we submit to insurance and wait!!!!! ARGHHHH
Trisha
on 7/24/05 5:35 pm - Glendale, AZ
On mine I just indicated the amount of years I have been morbidly obese, the diets I have tried, the exercise I have tried, successes and failures. I indicated what co-morbidities I had now and what I could get down the line if I don't lose weight and get healthy soon. I listed what medications I was currently taking and how wls would help me get off these medications. I also explained that my energy levels were way down and I never felt like doing anything. I also wrote that I understood this surgery is just a tool to help me regain my health and no longer be morbidly obese. I would still have to be proactive in choosing healthy foods, taking vitamins, exercising, drinking water, etc. And that I was wiling to do this to save my life. At the end write "I ask you for your approval of Weight Loss Surgery for me. Doing this will help save my life. It is medically necessary." Trisha
Darlene X
on 7/25/05 1:01 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Trish! Im going to help him write it.... hopefully we can get something good--- I dont want it to be too long, just short and to the point---- if he doesnt have this done, he will die....
Darlene X
on 7/25/05 9:27 am - Maricopa, AZ
Someone on another forum posted me to a link for a template.. I dont know if this forum will allow me to post what i did... I wanted to see if it was ok.
Most Active