How long is 1st consult????????

sgirl
on 7/11/05 11:01 am - tucson, AZ
How long does the 1st consultation usually last? I'm sorry I am so paranoid, I just don't want my own stupidity to screw it up for me. Thank you all for never making me feel like an idiot!!!!! ~sally
diamanti1
on 7/11/05 11:06 am - Peoria, AZ
Depends.....but if you are doing consult, nutrition, financial and psych test all in one day it will last about 6 hours......then you will need to follow up with a 1 hour psych meeting to discuss test results. I did mine at Scottsdale Bariatric a couple weeks ago and all went well...but it does take the full 6 hours. have fun...don't stress...and ask questions. Dave
Barbara R.
on 7/11/05 1:03 pm - chandler, AZ
The first consultation is not long at all. They do not usually do any other consultations, ie: psych, nutrition, etc. These consultations are usually scheduled at a later date. You will be fine. Barbara
Do-over Girl
on 7/11/05 1:24 pm - Tempe, AZ
Sally--you are not an IDIOT! LOL....It says you are going with SBC, and Dr. Blackstone? IF that is case, I second David's comments. And since you are coming from out of town they will schedule a bunch of things that day...as he said, 6 hours was what it was for me. The staff there will be sending you detailed information with a schedule of who you are seeing and when. So don't sweat it and if you have questions don't hesitate to ask either the Dr's office or post here on OH. Don't be paranoid....LOL BE HAPPY you are on your way!
Trisha
on 7/11/05 4:02 pm - Glendale, AZ
Depends on the surgeon. Most take about 20 mins or so. However, I heard that Dr. Blackstone's office takes a whole day because they combine medical and psych tests in the same day. Mostly the consult with the surgeon is just seeing if you have any questions regarding the surgery and they explain the surgery to you. Then the waiting game begins! Hugs, Trisha
Most Active