UNDRESS AT INITIAL CONSULTATION??????

Barbara R.
on 7/11/05 12:56 pm - chandler, AZ
I did not have to. Who is your dr?
sgirl
on 7/12/05 3:24 am - tucson, AZ
originally it was to be Dr. Blackstone, but because of insurance purposes, I have chosen Dr. Juarez. Actually, I am so excited that I have chosen him.
Do-over Girl
on 7/11/05 1:31 pm - Tempe, AZ
@ Scottsdale Bariatric/Dr. Blackstone's office...I just had to pull up my t-shirt and Dr. Kieran looked at my previous gall bladder lap surgery scars. She poked around a bit and showed me where the RNY incisions would be. No undressing, etc. The scale is way-cool since you have to have your shoes off...it will tell your bmi, body fat/ratio, muscle ratio and hydration level in addition to weight and prints it out on a little slip of paper. MAGIC!
sgirl
on 7/12/05 3:25 am - tucson, AZ
thank you so much, did you have Laproscopic?
Trisha
on 7/11/05 4:08 pm - Glendale, AZ
No, you do not have to undress at initial consult. Unless you just want to and get the urge. But no, clothes stay on. They don't even have gowns or anything there. It's strictly a consult/follow-up exam office. Hugs, Trisha
sgirl
on 7/12/05 3:32 am - tucson, AZ
Thank you Trisha, I have my consult with Dr. Juarez this Friday, and I am scared to death that I will say something so stupid that he says for me to forget ever coming back. If I remember correctly, didn't you have Dr. Juarez as well? How was your first consult? sally
azbabeedoll
on 7/13/05 7:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
Sally, Oh gosh! please let me know how your consult with dr. Juarez goes....I have been making myself sick over this and i go on monday. I was told to wear weights in your pockets, hehe! Good luck......have you already done your seminar and psych eval (that is what i am really nervous for!) Keep me posted so I dont continue to make myself sick! GOOD LUCK! Amy
sgirl
on 7/14/05 2:23 am - tucson, AZ
Amy, I will be more than happy to let you know how it goes tommorrow with Dr. Juarez. I learn alot from this messageboard, its the best when you are actually at the same stage with someone else. Talk to you soon. sally
azbabeedoll
on 7/14/05 3:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
Sally, Defintly keep me posted after tomorrow......do you have your psych evaluation tomorrow too. My schedule is as follows: Dr. Juarez 7/18 11:00 Seminar 7/22 1:30-2:30 Test 7/22 2:30-4:30 Psych eval 7/25 5:30-6:30 I am so excited that we are starting this together.....we may have our surgery at the same time and really be a support system for each other. Do you have a supportive family? How much weight are you looking ot lose.....i want to lose about 120. Good luc****ep you head up........this is the beginning of the rest of our lives! Amy
sgirl
on 7/15/05 1:42 pm - tucson, AZ
Hi Amy, My consultation went great!!! My appointment time was 9:20 a.m. and Emil (Dr. Juarez's assistant) came in first and went over my medical history, meds history, family history, and if I was aware of risks of surgery. He is very nice, very nice, very nice. Then Dr. Juarez came in and talked to me for just a few minutes. We pretty much talked about the same things that Emil and I talked about. Dr. Juarez is very knowledgeable and he was very nice. I know that I have heard lots of things about him not being very personable, but I found that to be on the contrary. He said that I am a great candidate for the surgery, so he was going to submit to the insurance, and I should be hearing something within 6 weeks. More waiting. Hope this helps. Let me know how your consult goes also. Good luck, you will be pleased. sally
Most Active