Phoenix Get Together??????

rron999
on 6/27/05 11:48 am - Victorville, CA
Does anyone know here or when there is going to be a get together in the phoenix area? I live in Yuma arizona ,and I know there is not one here ..YET!! BUt Phoenix is only a few hours away and I would love to meet you all and share our success..Please email me and lewt me know ..Thank you..God bless us all..
Angels4unme
on 6/27/05 12:15 pm - Roswell, NM
Ronald they just had the weekend AZ event in February. I do not know when the next one is. There is a walk coming in September in Scottsdale. Terri 303/135
Trisha
on 6/28/05 1:55 pm - Glendale, AZ
I think I may organize a get together in August or September for Arizona. I'll post it on here when I get details worked out. Hugs, Trisha
Sandy in Tucson
on 6/28/05 2:29 pm - Tucson, AZ
The night before the WAlk for Obesity---Sept.24....sounds like a great time for get together......or maybe even after the Walk. Alot are going to be at the Walk from around the state. There I go organizing things when I am not the one doing the planning. For me it would kill 2 birds with one stone since I will be in Phx anyways for the Walk for Obesity. What do you think Trish? Sandy in Tucson I sent Obesityhelp a new pic of me...it might be up in about a month lol
Trisha
on 6/29/05 3:16 pm - Glendale, AZ
Okay, that sounds good. Let's plan it for that Saturday, September 24th - day of walk. Walk starts at 7am. Not sure how long walk or event lasts. I assume we'd be done before noon. Not sure what all is planned and such. Would you all want to have a daytime event that day like from Noon-3pm or would you prefer evening like from 6pm-9pm? I figure if we had it at noon, out of town folks would have time to drive home without have to spend money on hotel room. ObesityHelp updated my picture, finally, but they put my before pic on the lower corner. I didn't ask them to do that. It's not like I'm anywhere near goal or anything. Not sure why they did that. Look forward to seeing your new pic!! Hugs, Trisha
Arizona_Sun
on 6/29/05 11:28 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Last year the walk itself was about 1/2 hour, but I understand that this year it will be 1 hour. This is followed by a variety of things being given out for various stuff. All-in-all the event was over by late morning. It still gets quite HOT in late September so it is wise to dress accordingly too. If we are lucky we will have cloud coverage as we did last year for most of the morning. It was a big help. There is lots of bottled water available though and other give-a-ways. OH always using the beginning picture in the corner to give a reference to the changes that are happening in your body. I think it is really quite nice to be able to track the changes. With my new photo it is hard to tell the changes to my face because of the angle. It is much thinner than my old photo. Sandy
Sandy in Tucson
on 6/30/05 8:33 am - Tucson, AZ
You can sure tell the difference in your face Trish....you looking good. Sandy in Tucson
desert rat
on 6/28/05 2:18 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Don't forget about the convention in Irvine, CA in December. That's about as close to Yuma as Phoenix is, isn't it? Do you think you'll go to that one? Dj (in Goodyear, AZ)
Trisha
on 6/29/05 3:06 pm - Glendale, AZ
I'll be going to the West Coast ObesityHelp convention for sure! I hope we can get 10+ people to go as well because then we can register as a GROUP and save a few bucks on registration. http://www.obesityhelpevents.com/december2005-california.html Hugs, Trisha
Christopher3296
on 6/29/05 8:58 am - Mesa, AZ
Phoenix, is actually closer than Irvine. (I just moved here from that area) A get together would be GREAT! Although I am not a planner either. It would be nice to meet everyone though and share our successes. Laura C.
Most Active