Hospital IV

cynthia E.
on 6/27/05 5:51 am - buckeye, AZ
Hi all.... Trick to help with less pain of inserting the I.V. I am now almost 7 months post op. I have had 2 surgeries at St. Lukes (RNY 11/04, Emergancy 01/05, & Gallbladder 02/05) that means that I have had to have an IV three times. They all hurt like the devil for me and left me with a nasty bruse. Anyway, Thursday 6/23 I had my tubes tied at Banner health. They gave me a numb it shot before putting the IV in my hand. It stung at first but it was great after that. I never felt it and I didn't bruse at all. So anyone who is having a future surgery, ask for the that NUMB shot before they insert the IV.......... Best of luck to eveyone Cynthia
Donna P.
on 6/27/05 6:57 am - Taylor, AZ
Great help but will they do it? I had foot surgery a few years ago at the hospital in Show Low, AZ and that is how they did it. I stung for just a second and from there not a pain at all . Great idea lets just hope they will be that kind . Donna
Trisha
on 6/28/05 2:01 pm - Glendale, AZ
Oh wow, I never heard of this before. So asking for the "numb shot" - they'll know what I mean? Wow!! What great advice!! Those IV's suck!! I didn't have any problem for my RNY, but I had to have 3 IV's inserted in me before my gallbladder operation because the first two had a reaction to it or was infiltrated or something like that. My left hand was all bruised. The IV site hurt worse than the incisions post-op. LOL Gallbladder surgery was a breeze though - no pain afterwards. Weird, huh? Thanks for the tip!! Hugs, Trisha
Most Active