"WALK FROM OBESITY"

cindy
on 6/26/05 2:48 am - Mesa, az
This is a national event, so mark your calendars for September 24th, our walk event is at Scottsdale Community College....... I will post more information as I get it..........This is put on by (ASBS) American Society for Bariatric Surgery, and is to raise money for further education of obesity, not just for WLS, this includes children, and adults. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 w/Dr. Zahn -186 lbs BR 8-4-04 TT with hernia repair 2-7-05
Sandy in Tucson
on 6/26/05 4:37 pm - Tucson, AZ
I just e-mailed Joyce about the event tonight....ty for your post. Count me in. I can not wait to walk in the event. Sounds like fun. Sandy in Tucson 340/228/150 Dr. Fang----Revision---open---Rny---11/04/04
mrs.3m
on 6/28/05 1:51 pm - Mesa, AZ
New to AZ but would love to have more info on this when you get some.
Trisha
on 6/28/05 2:11 pm - Glendale, AZ
St. Luke's will also be having a walk as well. Not sure their location yet, but they'll have t-shirts and water bottles and stuff for St. Luke's patients from what Kelly tells me. They aren't listed on the walkfromobesity.com website, but they tell me they are organizing something. I hope everyone on this board participates!! Walking is VERY good for you and the good thing about this charity is that you won't be the biggest participant there!! (That's why I avoided charity walks these past few years because for one t-shirts weren't big enough from the charity plus no one my size was walking - it was all 20 BMI type folks! LOL) Thanks for posting this, Cindy!! Hugs, Trisha
Sandy in Tucson
on 6/28/05 2:36 pm - Tucson, AZ
There is only one Walk for Obesity.....Dr. Blackstone is sponsoring it, in Az. St. Lukes maybe involved, but if you look under Walk for Obesity then Az...it is Dr. Balckstones thing. I want to go....I want to know how far the walk is is it 1 mile? 5k? 10k? I would like to know the lenght of the walk. Sandy in Tucson
cindy
on 6/29/05 12:19 am - Mesa, az
The "Walk from Obesity" is a national event, put on by the ASBS (American Society of Bariatric Surgery, that means that it is being held in different states all across the USA. Our event is held at the Scottsdale Community College, and Scottsdale Healthcare, yes, Dr. Blackstone and many volunteers hold the event. All Bariatric Surgeons and staff are invited to this event, many do choose to attend, we have great companies sponsoring this event, alot of goodies are given out. This walk is held on the college track and the walk can be as long as you want, but I am not 100% sure, but I think it is less than a mile. I am a volunteer at Scottsdale Healthcare Bariatric education classes, and a member of the Walk from Obesity event. I will have more information after the next meeting, which is July 6th. If you would like me to send you a brochure, you can email me and I will mail that out to you. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -186 lbs BR 8-4-04 TT with hernia repair 2-7-05
Most Active