Tears of Joy!

Do-over Girl
on 6/24/05 2:17 am - Tempe, AZ
Well, I think I scared the gal at Scottsdale Bariatric when I returned their call this morning...I started bawling (not just crying) when she told me I was APPROVED!!! I'm still trying to let it sink in. I'm happy and numb! They called and left me a phone message late Thursday afternoon and were closed by the time I was able to return the call. So I had all night to worry about it and was expecting them to say, I'd been denied. It's been 1 1/2 years now since my doctor first urged me to consider WLS and my doing research. Then attending Dr. Blackstone's lecture August 2004, getting my letters of medical necessity last fall then had some major changes at work. So I put the process "on hold" while I adjusted and coping with work re-structuring, continuing researching it, lurking on the message board and working in therapy about my fears. So here I am...Friday June 24th (A Month to the day from my surgical consult!) with the good news that it's finally going to happen--I'm approved and will be having WLS. SBC said they would check to see if the verbal OK from my insurance is good enough to go ahead and schedule my surgery or if I will have to wait for the formal letter. Of course, I'm hoping that we can schedule sooner than later. But at this point...I'm moving forward and it will come soon enough. Thanks to all of you with your informative posts, support and sharing your stories as well. YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Donna P.
on 6/24/05 4:17 am - Taylor, AZ
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us informed. I am still waiting fro my date, patients right? I'm so happy for you. Donna
Gabrielle
on 6/24/05 4:34 am - Chester, VA
Congratulations!!!
Do-over Girl
on 6/24/05 6:28 am - Tempe, AZ
Wow...what an emotional day I am having. I now have my surgery date as well as finding out I'm approved. Dr. Blackstone's office had a cancellation so my surgery is scheduled for August 16, 2005. So many appts and things to do before then....I have a full list of appts that Noreen gave me this morning. I'm at work but am "over the moon" with emotion, excitement and joy.
Sheryl Tilley
on 6/24/05 10:26 am - Prescott, AZ
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! You must be going crazy with joy. I am sending very emotional congratulations to you!!! hugs! Sheryl
Stephanie J.
on 6/24/05 10:32 am - Tucson, AZ
WONDERFUL!!!!!! Your new and better life doesn't have to wait much longer at all!!!! Congratulations!!!!- Stephanie J
Brandy H
on 6/24/05 10:41 am - Glendale, AZ
congratulations! that is great news! there is a lot to do the next few weeks so time will travel FAST! i
sandust1
on 6/25/05 4:04 am - Glendale, AZ
Hey Brandy, Nice new pic. I love it...you look beautiful! God Bless, Sandy P
Brandy H
on 6/25/05 4:45 am - Glendale, AZ
lol. thanks! it's my self portrait! i tried to get my 4 year old to take a pic of me to update my profile pic...but she really just couldn't do it.
sandust1
on 6/25/05 4:05 am - Glendale, AZ
That's great! Congrats!
Most Active