new to WLS Please respond

Texas Girl
on 6/23/05 3:33 pm
Hi, i am just beginning my WLS journey, I am curious if anyone is going to the Bridges Center(St Lukes Hosp.)? I was looking at the message board for AZ and did not see it mentioned? I am seeeing Dr. Zahn, 7-7-05 for my consult. I have already seen Dr. Maxwell(loved her). And have been to part B of the ABC of bariatric classes. Just trying to connect with anyone that shares this with me. I do not know what to expect at my consult.. thanks for the help.. CJ
Do-over Girl
on 6/23/05 3:42 pm - Tempe, AZ
CJ--you will probably have quite a few replies on Friday...since I know there are a number of SLH and Dr. Zahn's patients on the message boards. I'm working with Scottsdale Bariatric Center and Dr. Blackstone's office.
Darlene X
on 6/23/05 10:29 pm - Maricopa, AZ
My husband is going through The Bridges Center with Dr Fang
Brandy H
on 6/24/05 10:57 am - Glendale, AZ
welcome! i am having surgery with dr. juarez on july 7th. and he is also at st. lukes and the bridges centre. consultation is just a brief meeting with the dr. and you should have all your paperwork to turn in (dr. records/reccomendations, diet history etc) they weigh you, ask you about medical history and make sure you have all your stuff to be able to send it to the insurance co. hope that helps. brandy
Texas Girl
on 6/25/05 3:02 pm
Thank you for your response, are you going through the Bridges center? Keep in touch and let me know how july 7th surgery goes. that is my consult date.. I will be thinking of you.. God bless you.. Brandy... CJ.
cynthia E.
on 6/27/05 5:30 am - buckeye, AZ
Welcome Connie; Many of us have had or will have surgery at St. Lukes. I had Dr. Juarez. I had my surgery in November 2004. I am down 76lbs. Sounds like you are on your way. you only have 2 more classes to go. If this is your first consult with the surgeon and you have all your paper work they requested. He will review it with you and let you know if he thinks you are a good canditate for the surgery. After that, if you have everything they requested done. The insurance is the next big step. That will take some time. Once that is done and approved, then the medical tests come up and then the big day. I know this is kinda brief but if you want specific details we all can give them to you. Keep us posted and don't ever hasitate to ask any questions. Cynthia
Most Active