Surgical Consult Completed today -- Scottsdale Bariatric

diamanti1
on 6/23/05 2:33 pm - Peoria, AZ
Wow...what a day...spent about 6 hours doing the financial review, Nutritional review, Surgical consult, and Psych exam.....what a day. Everything was as I expected with no surprises. Now comes the waiting game....I will meet with the psychologist on July 5 and all paperwork should be submitted to insurance for approval after that. I don't anticipate any surprises. The psych test took about 3 hours to complete and was tiring...but important. The Dr. has ordered a sleep study and I am fortunate and I am going to be able to complete next Tuesday....so the process rolls on.....About the dr. office...very nice...very comfortable and very cooperative staff. I was most impressed with the examination rooms and tables. Each room has it's own scales so none of the public broadcasting of weights...I swear I have been to some offices where I felt like a cow in a cattle auction as they announced weights across the office...not at this place...very private. The examination table are these cool hydraulic chairs that are easy to get on and actually somewhat comfortable. So all is moving.......hopefully I will get the procedure by September.
Do-over Girl
on 6/23/05 3:39 pm - Tempe, AZ
David--Glad to hear that it went well...and very similar to my experience with SBC as well. The sleep study is painless and but don't plan on getting too much sleep...strange environment, wired up and knowing that I was being watched didn't help my getting to sleep. I had mine years ago and have sleep apnea and using a cpap machine ever since. BTW, I got a call from SBC today at 4:11pm but didn't get to check my messages till after 5pm...so I will have to wait to hear on Friday--hopefully good news that my insurance approval status. I'm wondering if I will get any sleep tonight..."pins and needles".
Lucy28
on 6/23/05 9:53 pm - Phoenix, AZ
You are in great hands. I had my surgery there in December and I LOVE THAT PLACE. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. 320/208/160???
sandust1
on 6/25/05 4:24 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi David, I am a little further in the process than you...I have a date of July 15th and we have the same insurance and surgeon. I just completed my pre-op education class, attended my first support group meeting, pre-op nutrition meeting and pre-op fitness meeting. SBC is great and I have a lot of confidence in them. SBC patients get a pedomiter, water bottle and relaxation CD...and a sample of what a meal is like at 4 months post op. They are very thoro (sp?). Hope to meet you at the next SBC suport group meeting on July 11th. God Bless, Sandy P
cynthia E.
on 6/27/05 5:36 am - buckeye, AZ
Sounds like things are moving right along. For the sleep test are they going to send you home with a finger monitor or are you going to sleep at the hospital? If it is the finger test. They will give you alittle machine you put on your finger while you sleep at home. If it is at the hospital, you will be hooked up to alot of wires and then go to sleep. I had to do both. The first one showed that my oxegen level dropped below 90% so they did an actual sleep study at the hospital. I slept really good. I never know I had sleep apnea till that night. When they turned the air mask on, I slept like a baby even with all the wires. I have not had to use the machine since my surgery. I sleep great now without it. My levels have not dropped at all. Hope this helps some. cynthia
Most Active