Hubby's First Appt today....

Darlene X
on 6/21/05 2:21 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im so nervous for him!!!! We went to the seminar with Dr Fang on Friday, I did actually find it very imformitive and I was glad I went with him. This morning he has his first appt with Dr Fang...... Ahhh Im so nervous. I hope we can get through this quickly....*fingers crossed*, Ive been feeling more and more lately that this is the right thing to do. Wish us luck!
Trisha
on 6/21/05 2:51 pm - Glendale, AZ
Soooooo....how did the surgical consult go? Mine was pretty uneventful since the seminar covers EVERYTHING and then some. I like that they have us go to seminar first before consult. Keep us posted on you all's progress!!
Darlene X
on 6/22/05 1:11 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hubby loved Dr Fangs Office..... he felt like it was completey tailored to overweight people, the chairs had no arms, the scales were big so no balancing act required, even the examination tables were made bigger. Even though he felt a little embaressed because he has gotten so big.... he loved that he felt completely comfortable there. He said he really liked Dr Fang, he has a nice bedside manor. He weighed in at 503lbs *sigh*... his BMI is of the scale. He gained back all the weight he lost last year 60-70lbs doing the South beach. We plan to start back in a few weeks and try get what weight off we can before surgery. Dr Fang said they will plan on laproscopic even though he is so heavy, we will try lose some weight and he may need to go on a strict or even liquid diet 1-2 weeks before surgery. He was given the list of things he needs done before he submits the req for approval from the insurance company. He is getting his medical records today, and a letter of reccomendation from our PCP, he is also going to call and schedule the psych exam. Dr Fang wants him to have a pulminory? I think thats the name exam because he has adult onset asthma, and he is going to call United Health Care to see if they require a cardiac. We want this done ASAP, so as soon as he has done that stuff we will submitt for insurance approval and try get this done, Im sure before the end of the year. Thats pretty much it.... I'll post an update a little later.
Most Active