Under 300!!

Trisha
on 6/20/05 2:54 am - Glendale, AZ
I woke up this morning to a new century!! I am no longer over 300 lbs!!! YAHOO!! As of today I am 299! I've lost a total of 77 lbs so far since March. OMG! I am so excited!! I am UNDER 300!! UNDER, UNDER, UNDER!!!! OMG! This is so exciting! I'm busting, guys, I'm busting!! Wow!!! The scale we have at home only goes to 330 pounds. So when I weighed over that initially, I had to wind the scale down to 280 or 260 and weigh myself and then add the 20-40 lbs (however much the ticker was below the 0 mark before I weighed) to my weight. I was excited when I got in the 320's because I could finally have the scale at "0" and weigh normally. LOL Now, I am UNDER 300!! I can't WAIT to go to the Dr's office (doesn't matter which doctor) and step on their scale next time and tell them - "you need to move the bottom one down to 250". LOL I'm always telling them to move it up to 300 because I've been over 300 for years! YAY! I'm under 300!!!! I started wearing a 4x and now I'm in 2x's. My bra size at first was a 50DD and now it's a 44D. I'm 6 feet tall and my BMI on surgery day was 51 (weighing 376). Now it's 40.6. I only have 5 more pounds to go before I am no longer MORBIDLY obese but just obese. I know - how can I be over 290 and be "obese" not "morbidly obese", but I'm tall. Gosh I love being tall. LOL This surgery is the BEST thing I ever did for myself!! Thank you all for being a part of this group and for your support and motivation and friendship!!!! Anyway, I'm FINALLY sharing my weight with everyone!!! Psychologically I just had to get under 300 first! Oh happy,happy day!! Hugs, Trisha
Donna P.
on 6/20/05 4:46 am - Taylor, AZ
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stephanie J.
on 6/20/05 8:08 am - Tucson, AZ
Happy Day, Trisha!! Congratulations!! My honeymoon is over as far as losing weight. I'm at a point where just keeping the weight I've got left is my daily challenge. After being morbidly obese for much of my life, I can't tell you how weird it is to be threatened with anorexia if I don'****ch every calorie! (I'm 5'9" and 135 right now - which BMI-wise is like being 125 because I have ten pounds of useless skin flopping around). But I'm coping fine and wouldn't change a thing. And the funny thing is that even with a body that looks more than a bit like a shrivelled sharpay, I have a better self image than I've ever had in my life! And it's not because I'm so skinny. It's because I've left behind much of that self hatred and angst that plagued me back when I was younger and technically had a Way better looking body than I do now. So much of our self esteem is in the head though, isn't it. Anyway though, I still get a vicarious thrill every time I hear one of you hitting another mark and morphing into the new good feeling bodies you haven't had in years - or maybe even a whole lifetime. What a thrill! I'll never forget that feeling! It's the ultimate! Enjoy it thoroughly while it lasts and keep sticking faithfully to that diet plan. You aint seen nothin' yet! - Stephanie J
Brandy H
on 6/20/05 8:38 am - Glendale, AZ
I am SOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!....but nonetheless VERY HAPPY for you! You are an inspiration for us all! (or at least for me!) Congratulations! I hope I can be saying "I am below 300 soon!" yay you!
Pamela E.
on 6/20/05 9:02 am - Buckeye, AZ
Trisha, you are AWESOME! I am bursting with joy for you! Keep up the great work
Do-over Girl
on 6/21/05 2:24 am - Tempe, AZ
What a major, major milestone!!! I am so happy for you and am really noticing the change with each pic that you have added to your profile. Since I'm a shorty (5'3)--wonder if I can lose weight and gain some height in the process?!? LOL Trisha--at the rate you are going you soon will be a tall amazon woman as those pounds are melting away...!
Sheryl Tilley
on 6/21/05 11:31 am - Prescott, AZ
HI Trisha! I am soooooooo happy for you! This is wonderful. This is almost like a miracle -- in fact I think it IS. Many hugs! Sheryl
beckiejud
on 6/23/05 1:55 pm - Phoenix, AZ
CONGRATS!! I am so happy for you Trisha. That is so wonderful. I am smiling for you non-stop. You Rock!! Keep up the awesome work. ((HUGS)) - Beckie Ü
Most Active