Summer Vacations?

Trisha
on 6/11/05 6:10 am - Glendale, AZ
Okay, we need to get this board moving again!! It's slow again!! Do you plan to travel at all this summer or take a vacation/trip anywhere? If so, where, when, who's all going, what are you going to do there, have you been there before? For me, I'm going to Newport Beach, CA in a couple weeks. I've never been there. I plan on going to Balboa Island, Newport Beach (of course), and then will spend 1-2 days at Disneyland - I've never been there before!! I worry that I won't fit on some of the rides, but people in my support groups say that I will and that it's the "happiest place on earth" and not to worry about that. They say they make rides to fit the smallest of children and the biggest of adults. So I'm not too worried. Then I'll be going to Las Vegas in July. We got a smokin' deal online so will be there for 3 days. I'm not much of a gambler, but I love people-watching in Vegas, seeing shows and just going to Main Street. It's so fun. That's about it so far that's planned/booked for the summer! I didn't travel at all last summer or the last year even so I am very excited. Yay!! Hugs, Trisha
Brandy H
on 6/11/05 6:54 am - Glendale, AZ
Well, for Fathers Day next weekend my daughter and I are giving my husband a trip to go deep sea fishing (but he doesn't get to go until September...better fishing my brother in law tells me) and when he goes to California for fishing I think U am going to take my daughter to Disneyland! Just us 2 girls! (we LOVE....o.k., I love disneyland. i think i love it better than my 4 year old!) Anyways, then in October I am going with about 10 girls in my salon to my absolute favorite place... NEW ORLEANS! LOVE IT THERE! I think when I retire.. maybe sooner I will move there and be a tour guide. SO COOL! I have been there 2 times. This will be my 3rd and my husband and I are talking about a trip for our 10 year anniversary there next Halloween. You know how some people say, "if i could go anywhere i would go to ________" well, New Orleans is my ______! Always been fascinated with that place... probably because of all the Anne Rice reading I do... and that Halloween is my FAVORITE day of the year and they really know how to do Halloween. Well, now I am babbling! sorry! Brandy p.s. Trish, don't worry about any of the rides @ D-land not fitting you... I was just there a month ago and I am bigger than you are and I fit fine! But, the Indiana Jones ride does leave bruises on your hips or at least it did on my big ol' butt! but it is still a GREAT ride!
sandust1
on 6/11/05 3:45 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Trisha, I may be going to Kokamo Indiana. I would be visiting my stepmothers sister and family. She is a really cool lady! I really enjoy her company. We would fly to Indianapolis around Aug 15th and stay for about a week. I would like to go up to see the great lakes while I am there.
desert rat
on 6/12/05 1:41 am - Goodyear, AZ
We don't have anything planned this summer because of my surgery, but we are going to Palm Springs, CA in October. I hope I'm all better by then so I can walk, walk, walk. Last year my aunt gave me her time-share for my graduation present (I finished my BS in December; FINALLY ). My hubby & I had such a great time that she gave it to us again this year & then she's going to sell it. It's one that can't be traded for other locations. My friend who lives in Chicago and her husband will be joining us so we paid for the upgrade to a 2 bedroom condo. We're even going to take our daughter out of school for the week. She goes to a really great, small charter school and the teacher will work with us. Her grades are good enough that the school won't have a problem. Maybe before that, If I'm up to it, we will run away to Flagstaff or something but otherwise, that's all we have planned. Dj
oldpolly1
on 6/12/05 1:51 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
We are flying to Chicago the 28th of July to spend a few days with my son and his wife, then driving to Michigan. We have rented a cottage for a week on Lake Mecosta, about an hour NE of Grand Rapids. My sister in law has a home there and we have a memorial golf outing every year for my brother who died 3 years ago. This is a BIG and happy event to celebrate his life. The lake is beautiful and there will be lots of family around, so lots of boating and swimming! Then we will drive back to Chicago and spend a night there, checking out the shopping, and seeing my husband's nieces. I'm hoping to have had my surgery by then, and use this time as part of my recovery time, so no swimming for me! I got a verbal OK from the case worker at Banner insurance on Friday, and hope to have a date this week! We are also going to Napa Valley in October, hope to much thinner by then!!! Bonnie B
Most Active