New OH member...CIGNA ??'s

Amberly A.
on 5/29/05 3:02 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Everyone! Thanks for all of your posts, I've been reading on this site forever and finally decided to post. I am in month four of six of the documented visits and just had a few questions. Does anyone have CIGNA-HMO? And if yes how is the process going? I'm working with Dr. Blackstone and working on getting my approval. I have several diet attempts documented (7 months with personal trainer, 9 months with Weigh****chers online, 5 months with LA weightloss, and 9 months of gym memberships, plus Dr's visits from 3-4 years ago discussing co-morbidities and weight loss, and of course this six month with PCP). I guess more than anything, I'm just really nervous that I won't be able to get approved for this surgery and am just wondering what chances you all think I might have with the documentation so far, or what your experience has been. Any advice or support would be GREAT!! Thanks! Amber
sherylee24
on 5/29/05 3:51 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hi Amber, I have Cigna too... all they required of me was a recent 6 month Dr. supervised diet, psychological and nutritional exam. So you might want to get the psychological exam done before they submit everything. I think that is something most insurance companies require. Best of luck!!! Sheryl 5/9 RNY 19 lbs so far =)
Amberly A.
on 6/7/05 2:56 pm - Mesa, AZ
Thanks Sheryl! Congratulations on the surgery that's awesome. Thanks for the info also. I've submitted my packet to Scottsdale Center so I quit worrying about it. Thanks again! Amber
Angels4unme
on 5/29/05 8:11 am - Roswell, NM
I dont have Cigna but I'm wishing you the best on your journey... It's a long journey with many bumps but well worth it in the end. Keep the faith it will be what is meant to be... Terri 303/137
Amberly A.
on 6/7/05 2:57 pm - Mesa, AZ
Thank you so much for your post. It is very comforting! You look great! I love your profile. -Amber
Wendella
on 5/29/05 10:09 pm - Mesa, AZ
I have Cigna and from my experience I would put all notes they required in the front of your submittion then the rest behind them. I saw someone on one of the boards said to highlight name date and weight on every piece of documentation you have. I think that was a great idea. Because what happen to me was that they had about 1.5 inches thick of paper work and no one bothered to read everything so I kept being denied. It took a conference call btwn myself, PCP and Cigna to get the darn thing approved. My whole process was about 15 mos. One other thing I found was to get invovled in the insurance process do not depend on someone else to do it for you. And if cigna gives you an answer you don't like simply thank them hang up and keep calling back because some where down the line you'll get an answer that has info you can use. Good Luck
Amberly A.
on 6/7/05 3:00 pm - Mesa, AZ
Wow that's a lot of great information! I did go through and highlight all of my info before turning it into my surgeon. It's about an inch thick already and it doesn't have my info from them, or my PCP yet, I should be turning it into the insurance company around August after my six months are up with my PCP. I've heard CIGNA can be pretty tricky, but I was also told by the surgeon that it's getting better. Thanks!! Amber
desert rat
on 5/31/05 2:23 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Hi Amber. I have Cigna HMO and it took me over 2 years to get approved. They kept changing the rules but they seem to have settled on "six months of doctor's visits for weight loss." I did that and more because I was afraid they would change the rules again, but they haven't. I never lost one single pound. In fact, I had just quit Weigh****chers after 8 months and only loosing 20 pounds that for most of the last year, I have been regaining all 20 pounds plus the required extra! I was approved this time around with the 6 pages from my visits and the psych and nutrition appointments done. They approved me in 2 weeks! Now I'm at 6 days and counting. Hang in there, they aren't horrible (anymore!)] Dj
Amberly A.
on 6/7/05 3:06 pm - Mesa, AZ
CONGRATULATIONS!! That's so great! wow you really stuck in there didn't you? I'm so afraid I will have a complete melt down if I get denied the first time. I keep telling myself that I won't get approved the first or second time but hopefully by the third. But deep down inside I keep wishing and hoping that it will happen soon. My Dr. is great and is really working with me for the six months documented visits. I'm really hoping through the joint effort of her and Dr. Blackstone (the surgeon) I will get this approved sooner than later. I hope you're doing well. Thanks for the message!! Amber
Most Active