Update on Laura B

Trisha
on 5/27/05 1:49 pm - Glendale, AZ
I just talked with Laura B (from Gilbert), and she said it was okay to let you all know. I had posted a couple days ago how Laura was admitted to St. Luke's for internal bleeding and low potassium. Here's an update....... She had her colonoscopy yesterday, endoscopy today. Dr. Fang said she may be out of hospital by Sunday or Monday (She's been there since Monday night). Anyway, he said he found an ulcer (wasn't there pre-op), and she's quite shocked about that because she's been on Zantac for 3 years. They also found two internal hemorroids. She was able to eat her first meal tonight in almost a week and it's staying down, but she was having some discomfort about an hour or two after meal - gas, constipation, who knows. She keeps walking the halls to get her system moving again. She's taking it slow. She's ready to go home. Keep her in your prayers. She appreciates all the words of encouragement and support!! Feel free to post to her surgery page. I'll fax this to the nurses station this weekend and make sure she gets it!! I hope they find out what's been causing all this. Ugh!! How frustrating!! She's met Bert and Valerie. Valerie went home today. She had RNY on Wednesday with Dr. Fang and is doing great!! Hugs, Trisha
Most Active