Bye Bye Gall Bladder

Valerie I.
on 5/24/05 3:46 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hello all ~ I got call from Dr Fang's office this morning. My pre-op ultrasound shows that I have gallstones of 5 milimeters. So they are going to take out my beloved gall bladder. I've had it such a long time, I'm going to miss it. Additionally, they say my blood sugar was pretty high. Does anyone know if they will still do the procedure laparoscopically? I sure hope so. Valerie in Scottsdale
cynthia E.
on 5/24/05 6:15 am - buckeye, AZ
Valerie; Dr. Fang took out my gallbladder in February 2005. Yes he does it lapo. You will get 4-5 new little cuts. The first couple of days were very painful but other then that it was smooth sailing. I did get a little diaherra, so watch out. After you have it out you won't miss it. It will be a memory. Hope this helps. cynthia
Susan H.
on 5/29/05 12:14 am - Gilbert, AZ
I was supposed to have my Surgery on 11/30 and when they ran all the lab they found my blood sugars were at a 10.? and said i was a stroke victim and would not do the surgery until i was 8. It took me till the end of Jan to get it down. My PCP put me on insulin and different pills. I lost about 20 lbs in the process and with in 3 days i had the surgery. Where are your sugars?
Most Active