Temptations :-@

amitto1
on 5/11/05 9:12 am - Birmingham, MI
Hi, my name is Anita, I had surgery on March 8th of this year, I am feeling pretty good, working out, walking and drinking my water, I have not had much a problem with eating, yesterday I was tempted to eat a piece of cake and did eat a small one I am back on track today, but was surprised that I did not get sick. That was the first sweet and the first time I endulged in the forbiden since I had the surgery. I was wondering if anyone else has done something like this and how did you feel about it? I am trying not to beat myself up about it, after all I only had a very small piece and I did not eat the whole cake or go back for seconds or thirds which I use to do. I have lost almost 45 lbs in the short time since surgery and was back at the gym this morning working extra hard for that piece of cake. I realize I will have temptations but I dont want to be always giving in to my wants, I need to have a plan the next time, they are always bringing in something to eat at work, if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thanks
Randi D.
on 5/11/05 2:54 pm - Peoria, AZ
I am so fortunate that I dump when I have something that has too much sugar(17 grams or more). I feel head achey sometimes when I eat something that is 15 grams of sugar, so I am very careful. To me it's not worth it. Randi
Trisha
on 5/11/05 4:01 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi, Anita!! I had my surgery on 3/8/05 too!! Yay! We are surgery sisters! I've eaten small slices of Marie Calendar's pie and cheesecake these last two weeks, and I had NO reaction either. I wanted SOME reaction so I don't eat sugar like that. But sugar is part of life. Some people dump on it, others don't. I (so far) don't. But just realize - our systems now do not absorb all the calories when we eat. It "bypasses". Good idea to work out even harder though. Your body will thank you for it. Hugs, Trisha -56 lbs
amitto1
on 5/12/05 8:49 am - Birmingham, MI
Hi Trisha, thanks for the response, I emailed you regarding the group you are starting, it sounds great, I would love to come, keep me informed. I am glad to hear that i am not the ony one that has eaten some sugar. Where did you have your surgery, I had my at Scottsdale Bariatric, Dr Blackstone, I started working afternoons in april and am missing my group meetings. I really need the support, thanks. Anita
cynthia E.
on 5/12/05 4:40 am - buckeye, AZ
Anita; Don't beat yourself up for a small piece of cake. If you would have eaten a larger slice or gone back for seconds then the dumping might have come into play. I have had Thifty Ice cream and cheese cake. Alittle at a time is the key. I have only had dumping once on sugar and it was a lesson I learned the hard way. Not pretty. Sugar is all around us. We can't eat as much as we used to but just try to keep it under 20 grams and I think we can succeed. Keep up the good work. Cynthia
Bud E.
on 5/12/05 1:38 pm - Maricopa, AZ
WoW! 20 grams!? I've been afraid to try anything with over 9 grams of either sugar or sugar alcohols! -Bud
Most Active