Plan's in motion!

Julie M.
on 5/10/05 1:27 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Within a week of turning in paperwork at Dr. Fang's office, Pat called and offered me a surgery date. I was still at work so needless to say, after the call, I found it hard to concentrate on anything but how my life is about to change. Pat called on 5/5 and said the next two dates I could select was 5/23 or 6/6!!! I was floored...and picked 6/6, as 6 is my luck # and I was born on the 6th. Not only that, it's on a Monday and I'll be the first patient of the day. I've always heard that Monday, first thing, is the best time to have any surigical procedure. So it seems everything's falling in place as it should. I'm a believer in letting things come to you and not forcing things when they don't seem quite right. Now the rush is on; so many things to do in such a short time. I'm preparing a move to a new home and the sale of the old - this just happens to come right in the middle of it all. Well, not everything can go my way (story of my life!) I've received several mailings from Pat in as many days and I have to say that I wish the literature and information packetsshe sent me, were offered at the time of consultation. They provide all the fine detail that you never get or read about before hand. I will definitely scan them into pdf file for anyone interested in going forth with this procedure! I'm having a bit of difficulty finding a psychologist, that's in network and can provide a psych clearance. Cindy, at Dr. Fangs office, referred me to Dr. Maxwell however, she's not directly in-network with United Health Care. She is however, a memeber of Multiplan (which is also under my plan) but, after 3 phone calls to Multiplan and Heather at Dr. Maxwell's office, no one could tell me what my co-pay would be! Very irritating! So her fee...$95 for written test and $95 for consult. Nope, that's what I pay insurance premium fees for. Will find someone else soon! Next step, teaching class on 5/17; cardiac clearance - also 5/17; pre-op tests 5/23. I'm not sure as of today, if paperwork has been submitted to UHC but I'll find out soon enough. I'm not as worried about this process, as I have called UHC about a dozen times to make sure I have the full picture of any exclusions and limitations - I have none!! I'm very luck to work for a global corporation that promotes good health and I have numerous co-workers who have already gone through this. Approval should come quickly because I do qualify. Another co-worker of mine is right on track with me to have surgery around the same time and she lives fairly close to my new home so, I'm excited to have a support system that can experience this procedure with me. We have excellent long and short termdisability insurance and our HR manager is extremely supportive of us both. We are blessed. Talk to you soon.
ems1211
on 5/10/05 3:23 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Julie: So excited for you. Can't wait to be where you are. Actually, I can't wait until the surgery is over. I do not have any date as of yet, still going through the 3 month Insurance guidelines. Hopefully, July will be my month. Actually, it'll be my re-birth. I was born in July also. The counselor that I used is Dianne Macpherson. She is at 4901 W. Bell Rd. (623)341-7020. She is very good. She has counseled over 40 WLS patients. I went to someone else before her and this lady was a quack. All she did was try to talk me out of the surgery and stare out the window. It was obvious she didn't hear half of what I was saying. Good luck in your journey. Keep us posted. Susan
Trisha
on 5/10/05 3:48 pm - Glendale, AZ
HOW EXCITING!!!!!! This time will go by so fast for you! I know it did for me. Pat is great! Dr. Fang rocks too - so you are in good hands! He was my surgeon too. Looks like things are going very smoothly for you. That's great!! Keep us posted!! Hugs, Trisha -56 pounds
Sheryl Tilley
on 5/11/05 7:34 am - Prescott, AZ
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo happy for you!!!!!!!! You've got it together and things are in motion for sure. You are about to enter your new life. Start practicing drinking the protein drinks. Champion Whey Chocolate and Banana Scream are GREAT! Hugs! Sheryl
Most Active