mercy care

linda N.
on 5/10/05 5:58 am - phoenix, az
i have mercy care and i was wondering how hard is it to get approved threw them?
Stephanie J.
on 5/10/05 2:08 pm - Tucson, AZ
Mercy Care has a lot of hurdles to jump over, but if you're persistent, they do cover the surgery, which is better than a lot of private plans these days. They're very strict about being on a supervised diet for six months, so get that started with your primary care physician immediately and start getting referrals to document all of your co-morbidities (reflux, diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnia, joint and back problems, incontinence, etc.). I've got one friend who got hung up by a fat phobic psychologist, so I highly recommend investigating through the wls commmunity to find a psychologist who is wls friendly and takes AHCCESS as well. I would also call Mercy Care and make a formal request for their protocol for qualifying for this surgery so that there are no surprises. Document who you speak with and even follow up with a certified letter if you don't get a prompt response to your question. Dot your I s and cross the T s and you'll get there. Good Luck and Get Going! - Stephanie J
Trisha
on 5/10/05 4:02 pm - Glendale, AZ
I agree with Stephanie above. Everyone should do that no matter who their insurance company is. I had to do 6 mos of dr supervised weight loss prior to surgery too. So many hoops we have to jump through. ugh!! But hang in there. Find out what your policy requires and do everything and make sure everything is well documented!! Best wishes to you. Keep us posted on your progress for WLS! Hugs, Trisha -56 lbs
baddgurrl
on 5/13/05 1:49 am - Chino Valley, AZ
They were extremely easy for me, the paperwork is the thing to keep on top of though . I also got a top rate surgeon , I could not have been happier with my care and surgery, I understand Mercy Care is one of the netter ahcccs plans to have, and definitely YES they are better thanmuch private Insurance companies.
Most Active