New Phoenix Support Group!

Trisha
on 5/9/05 4:21 pm - Glendale, AZ
Phoenix, AZ currently does not have a support group in Phoenix. They are all in east or west valley or affiliated with hospitals and such. So I contacted Obesity Help to train me on starting an OH chapter here in Phoenix. I've gone through the training and am working on getting one started. It will be a chapter of Obesity Help and they'll send me info each month to hand out to you in meetings. I've already started receiving some handouts and they are so informative!! All are welcome, no matter what kind of surgery you had or want to have, and no matter who your doctor is or will be. Only requirement is you have to be a member of ObesityHelp.com!! Which you already are just by reading this! Location has yet to be determined - still working on that - but it will definitely be in Phoenix - preferably off I-17. First meeting will be on June 11th (Saturday) at 10:00am. We'll meet the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month. Meetings will be fun and informative. You can come alone or bring a support person with you. Online support is great, but face-to-face support is even better!! I've already started a yahoo group for those interested: (http)://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHphoenix/ Check out the site and join!!
Arizona_Sun
on 5/10/05 5:36 am - Gilbert, AZ
Good luck Trisha!!! As you know I am working on a DayTimers group in Mesa/Gilbert area. My group will not be an OH group and I anticipate meetings during the weekend and time/day of week to be determined yet. Oh, I have updated photos on my profile now. You can see what I look like when I am not cleaned up for the Spring Fling. Sandy
Trisha
on 5/10/05 4:05 pm - Glendale, AZ
You look GREAT on your motorcycle!! How cute!! I like how you got it painted and fixed up too. Cool!! Great pictures on your site too, and you even have music!! You are the queen of html! Yeah, I hope to catch some Phoenix folks on the weekends for support meetings. If I lived out east I'd be to your meeting in a heartbeat!! Glad we are getting some new support groups going! How exciting! Hugs, Trisha -56 lbs
Rosalie S.
on 5/11/05 11:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
Would be interested. Do you have a location yet? Let us know where it's at.
Trisha
on 5/11/05 4:11 pm - Glendale, AZ
I don't have a location yet, but will within the next few days I hope!! I'll keep you posted! Hugs, Trisha
Arizona_Sun
on 5/10/05 5:37 am - Gilbert, AZ
Yeppers, I have a fuzzy head/headache day. I meant my meetings will be during the WEEK. Sandy
Stephanie J.
on 5/10/05 1:54 pm - Tucson, AZ
Cool! Let me know when and where both of your meetings are when everything gets going and I'll add it to my big list of AZ meetings and sites which I post on here every couple of months. - Stephanie J
Trisha
on 5/10/05 4:05 pm - Glendale, AZ
Will do!!
amitto1
on 5/11/05 8:59 am - Birmingham, MI
Hi trisha, I am so excited about your group and that it is on Sat, I work nights during the week and really miss my support group meetings, I would love to come, please keep us up to date, thank you...anita
Most Active