Newbies: Report in! Brenda! Laura!

Trisha
on 5/8/05 2:48 pm - Glendale, AZ
It's been a few days since we've heard from our post-op newbies, Brenda & Laura!! Post and let us know how you are doing!!
Laura B.
on 5/9/05 1:56 am - Gilbert, AZ
I'm doing great. Energy level has dropped just a little but other than that life is good. I've lost 17 pounds, according to our scale. I'll head back to work on Wednesday. Thought about going shopping today but decided to do housework instead. Figure I'll save my money so I can buy new clothes once I'm down a size or two. Laura B
Trisha
on 5/10/05 4:26 pm - Glendale, AZ
17 lbs!! That is wonderful, Laura!!! I agree, wait until you are down a size or two and then shop. It's much more fun!! I did a little shopping over the weekend and I can't tell you how exciting it is not to be the biggest size in the store anymore!!! Kind of weird!! But good!! Your energy will come back. Remember, you just had MAJOR surgery. Post-op, the first few weeks, I would have moments where I'd be FULL of energy , then the next day or two I'd be sooooo tired and have low energy levels. It's from the surgery. Hang in there! It'll pass!! Keep up the great work!!
turkeybird
on 5/10/05 6:08 am - AZ
Hello I just got home from the doctor today and have been released to puree food. I am looking forward to it. I was upset because I actully gained .6 pounds. My surgeon told me that was normal because i have not had a water pill in a little over a week and that they pumped me so full of water while in the hospital. He told me to start taking the pee pills today. So I hope this helps. I am feeling pretty good.i still have some pain but not taking much pain killer except before bed. I am sleeping on my recliner couch because I am a side sleeper and I tried in this weekend and it was not going to work. I have finals this week in school which sucks cause i just want to I will keep you all updated though.I am gland to be on the other side.
Trisha
on 5/10/05 4:28 pm - Glendale, AZ
Yep, I gained 4 lbs in the hospital myself. It takes some time for the IV fluids and drugs to get out of our systems, but hang in there. Know it's not YOU, it's the meds doing it. The diurectics will help. Best wishes on finals!! Keep us posted on your progress!!! Hugs, Trisha -56 lbs
Most Active