Eleven pounds in 9 days...

Laura B.
on 5/5/05 10:22 am - Gilbert, AZ
I just had my first follow up appointment with Dr. Fang's office and I am doing great! No pain, no problems or issues and he was very happy that I had lost 11 pounds in two weeks. I looked at Ben, the PA and said, it hasn't been 2 weeks, it's only been 1 week and he said wow, you are doing great. I just wanted to toot my own horn. (only two more weeks on the liquid phase, I can do it, I can do it...) Laura B
cynthia E.
on 5/6/05 2:05 am - buckeye, AZ
Sounds like you are on your way. Glad to hear no pain. Don't try to do to much so soon. Rest when you can. The last week of hte liquid phase is the hardest. It will seem like the longest week on record. Try adding a few more items to your menu. I was craving salt the third week. The nutr. suggested broths. They were gross so I just ate more cream soup with salt. That worked great. Keep up the good work, Cynthia
Trisha
on 5/7/05 7:50 am - Glendale, AZ
Yeah, it's only been a week!! 11 lbs is AWESOME!!! I love Ben. He's so nice, cool and wonderful. Toot your horn every chance you get, Laura!! That's what this board and online support groups are for!! You may only have another week to go on liquid phase. Dr. Fang said I could move to pureed/soft foods on my 16th day post-op. So give him a call next week and let him know how you are doing on liquids and see if it's okay for you to move to pureed foods. If you are tolerating liquids well and not having any issues, then he may okay it. I don't know. Every patient is different. But hang in there!! I bet you'll lose another 11 this week as well!! Weight just melts off the first few weeks. It's awesome!! Keep up the good work. You are doing great! And it was cool seeing you in the waiting room Thursday! You look great and you are just so full of energy. I love it!!
Most Active