GRRRRRRRRR!

Brandy H
on 5/5/05 3:55 am - Glendale, AZ
I need to vent! so, I finished my behavior modification thereapy on April 19th (a Tuesday) and the therapist said that she would have my paperwork done by the end of the week and onto the psychologist (Dr. Maxwell) by Monday of the following week. So, I was thinking in Dr. Maxwell's office the next week and then to my surgeon (Dr. Jaurez's office by the end of that week) and then onto insurance....I called the surgeon's office on Tuesday and they haven't received anything regarding my behavior modification paperwork. She (Angelia) suggested I call both the therapist as well as Dr. Maxwell's office to find out the status of my paperwork... and NO ONE HAS CALLED ME BACK!! GRRRRRR! I HATE BEING BLOWN OFF!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!
ems1211
on 5/5/05 6:04 am - Phoenix, AZ
Brandy: KEEP BUGGING THEM!!!! I am, by no means, a pesty person, but I have done this in the past. They all get so sick of me that it gets done, just to get me out of their hair. Best of luck. Susan
cynthia E.
on 5/6/05 2:01 am - buckeye, AZ
Brandy I agree with Susan. Keep on them! Keep calling and asking if they have the correct fax numbers or maybe ask if you can go pick the stuff up and take to DR. Maxwell office. I am so glad that I had all my stuff done at the Mayo clinic. The only one I had to see was Dr. Juarez. Although I had my diffulties with the gals when it came to my paperwork for the insurance. They tell you 3-4 weeks until approval. What they don't tell you is that they don't submit the paperwork to the insurance company is until 3-4 weeks. The insurance approval was the fasted part for me. I was approved within 48 hours of submittal. Enough babbling. Hang in there. This change is very important to your live. They need to step it up. Hope this helps some. Cynthia
Brandy H
on 5/6/05 3:02 pm - Glendale, AZ
cynthia, 3-4 weeks of meeting with dr. juarez for your consult? or 3-4 weeks after you did all your prerequisite stuff? angelia (in dr. juarez's office) told me that "if you don't hear from me within four weeks give me a call".... i heard from her in exactly 4 weeks. and she told me that they had everything they needed except for my sign off from the psychologist.... i am just wondering if i will have to wait 4 more weeks. what do you think? thanks for any imput. brandy
Brandy H
on 5/6/05 10:14 am - Glendale, AZ
sigh. thank you for your suggestions. o.k. here's the new deal... like i said I called both the behavior mod therapist and I called Dr. Maxwell's office on Tuesday. I waited. And then I called back on Thursday (yesterday) and Heather from Dr. Maxwell's office FINALLY called me back today and told me that they have received NOTHING from the therapist! GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR that means we are no where near closer to finding out about approval/denial or anything. So, I was a bit torqued to find this out. And then, this afternoon (about an hour ago) the behavior mod therapist calls and apologizes to me for not getting back to me and that she has been "pulling double duty...both office and counseling stuff" and told me that my paperwork was sent out today to the psychologists office... I asked her if it was sent via mail or via fax and she said that it was faxed today. So, I hung up with her and about 10 minutes later, Heather from Dr. Maxwell's office called and said that they recieved my paperwork and Dr. Maxwell signed off and they have already faxed my "go ahead" to Dr. Jaurez's office. So, NOW I WAIT! sigh again. YAY!
Trisha
on 5/7/05 8:07 am - Glendale, AZ
Oh good!! See what a difference phone calls make!! Shame, shame, shame on that behaviour modification therpaist!! Glad it's done. Now it the pins and needles part. Waiting for Angelina to send it to the insurance company and waiting on approval. Hang in there!! Let us know the moment you get your approval!!! This is exciting!
Trisha
on 5/7/05 8:03 am - Glendale, AZ
I doubt the delay is Dr. Maxwell because she is always quick on sending info down to the surgeons. She works on 3rd floor, they are on 5th floor. So she either walks it up or faxes it up. So it might be the other therapist that is dragging their feet. KEEP CALLING THEM!!!!!!! DAILY!!!!! You have to be proactive in this part and stay on top of them! This is your right as a patient. They are HOLDING things up for your medical care. Call them daily. Once Angelia gets that paperwork, then you'll have to wait some more because once she receives everything, THEN she submits it to the insurance company.
Most Active