Been a long time

Tamara T.
on 5/5/05 2:05 am - Claypool, AZ
Hello all it has been quite a long time since I have posted. I am a year and four months out and have lost a total of 168 pounds. This has been the best decision that I have ever made in my life. My only problem is the same as most after this surgery, the extra skin. Has anyone been through the plastic surgery part of the process? I really need a place to start with my insurance.
Kim R.
on 5/5/05 4:13 am - Peoria, AZ
Aha! I just emailed you back, and you ARE who I though you were! I am amazed at how well you've done, great job. You need to update your profile and get some recent pics so we can see how great you look. I had to pay out of pocket for my brachioplasty, because I now have Cigna insurance and as we all know, they pay NOTHING! It cost me $5,000.00, but it was worth it. I wish I could have a thigh lift, tt, and boob job, but as long as I have to pay for it, I don't see it in the near future. Find out specifically what your insurance will cover and what they need. Just like the WLS. I was referred to a great plastic surgeon in Scottsdale. His name is Steven Weiner. Great guy. Good luck and keep us posted! Kim R/az
Trisha
on 5/7/05 8:21 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi! Congrats on your awesome weight loss! WOW!! Here's an arizona based plastic surgery support group online that you can start posting too as well for some feedback and info on post-op plastic surgery (replace the ** with tt): h**p://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AZWLS-plasticsurgery/ I'm also forwarding your post to a couple people I know locally that have had plastic surgery 1+ years post-op and can tell you how to start off as well. Really do your research!! That's so important!! Kudos again on your successes!! Post more often!! We'd love to hear from you!
April A.
on 5/26/05 1:03 pm - Surprise, Az
Hello! Trish sent me your email... As you can see below I have had some work done... I love it and am pretty happy with it. Although I might do some things differently now. Technology is always changing and they are finding better ways to work with our overstreched skin. I am still looking into more work. I might have a revision on the thighs and then I have not touched the arms yet... Let me know if I can help more. I see Trish also posted the link for the local plastic surgery group. You can get lots of feedback on the local surgeons. . ´¨¨)) -:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ April -:¦:- -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* Dr Terry Simpson - Duodenal Switch 9/18/02 Hernia Repair 4/2/03 drsimpson.com Dr John Corey - Abdominoplasty, Mastopexy, Mammaplasty 12/16/03 doctorcorey.com Dr John Ptak - Butt Lift, Thigh lift and full leg lipo 1/16/2005 doctorptak.com Start weight 330 *** Surgery day 306 *** Currently 175***Goal 160 Click here: Arizona Bariatric Center - Patient Profile
Most Active