Arizona Spring Fling Event

Arizona_Sun
on 5/3/05 12:35 am - Gilbert, AZ
I just wanted to share photos of the Spring Fling from last Saturday with those of you who could not make it. It was a wonderful time. I was able to meet Trisha and was so very impressed with her energy level this soon post-op. She was out there dancing with the rest of them. So, if you would like to see photos of some of your Arizona counterparts check out my web site at acdlady.com/WLS_FriendsandActivities3, just add the www. part. If you are at work, I do have music on the page. It is a long page so could take awhile to load if you are on dial-up. Sandy
Trisha
on 5/3/05 4:04 pm - Glendale, AZ
I got cable modem about 5 months ago and wow, what a difference it's made in pages loading. Your page loaded in a snap and music started and I was like WOW! Thanks for sharing this page with the board! I hope to see and meet more of our OH AZ board members at future events!! It was a lot of fun! And meeting you was awesome, Sandy! Putting faces to the names makes e-mails more fun now! Even though your picture is on your posts, seeing you in person was amazing! Yep, I got quite the workout on the dance floor! It was so much fun!
moirap
on 5/6/05 5:56 am - Mesa, AZ
Was this open to everyone or just the people in the support group? I have wanted to belong to the support group and did attend a few meetings but I was in an auto accident I spend all my time at doctors and physical therapy. If I had known about this I would have liked to attend if it was open to all. I did not see any messages on the message board, so thats why I was asking if it was open to everyone. Thanks Moira P
Arizona_Sun
on 5/6/05 6:17 am - Gilbert, AZ
Moira - Sorry you missed it. It was announced on all the Yahoo groups for AZ. There are a number of them. If you are interested in them email me and I will provide you the information. Yes, the Spring Fling was open to all WLS people from all surgeons. We try to meet as many of our fellow WLS friends as possible. I am sure that there will be other events, but the primary communication is via the Yahoo groups. To be honest, I never even thought about announcing it here on the board. Shame on me. The Chandler group hosted this particular fling. Sandy
Arizona_Sun
on 5/6/05 6:20 am - Gilbert, AZ
Another thing, I am looking into possibly starting a daytime support group in the Mesa/Gilbert area. There is a need for a group for those who cannot make the evening meetings. This is just in its infancy and I need to locate a place to meet once we have an idea of how many and day/time stuff. Sandy
moirap
on 5/6/05 2:50 pm - Mesa, AZ
Thanks Keep me in mind the next outing you have. I work during the day and have either a doc appt or therapy almost every weekday. I very rarely go on the yahoo boards, This one just seems easier for some reason. Thank you very much
Most Active