I'm home

Laura B.
on 4/29/05 11:17 am - Gilbert, AZ
I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all of those that keep me in their prayers, it must have worked cause here I am. I had a terrific angel by the name of Trisha and truely enjoyed meeting her and Valerie. I think these are two of the nicest people I've ever met! I came home around 3pm yesterday, took a walk, then took a nap and just snuggled with my youngest. Not only does she have pnumonia (sp?) but she has been exposed to what she calls Chicken Spots. Hopefully she won't get them but I just thought the timing of everything was weird. My husband, daughter and myself walked through Barnes and Noble today, we were looking, and found, a book that gives her instructions on drawing. After that we headed towards my sisters house, my dearest nephew turned 16 today and I wasn't going to miss the chance to see him. I had my first family gathering with all the food, Birthday Cake and Ice Cream and I survived. I had my sis fix me a little soup. So as you can see I'm doing pretty good. I think the one thing that caught me off guard was when it was time to leave the hospital. They tell you to bring something loose fitting, which I did but it wasn't nearly loose enough. The best I could do was to put on my jeans, unzipped, along with my T-shirt and I wore my robe on top of that. There was no way those pants were going to get zipped. The advise to have ice chips ready in the room was terrific advise, I never realized just how good a piece of ice could taste. If I had to pass on a tip, it would be...bring a reaaaallly loose outfit to wear home. I'm glad to be home and I can't wait to see the pounds melt away. Oh yeah, I'm already off my diabetes medication. Thanks again Trisha and Valerie I can't wait to visit with you again. Laura B
Christopher3296
on 4/29/05 1:23 pm - Mesa, AZ
Laura, Great to see that you are doing so well! Sorry to hear about your daughter. Congrats on a great durgery, and heres to a speedy recovery! Take Care, Laura C.
ems1211
on 4/29/05 1:40 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Laura: How very glad I am to hear that you are home and doing well. I hope your little one feels better really soon. My little girl (6) is also sick. I do so love to have her cuddle up with me, but I wish she felt good. Hopefully you will come to the support group meetings at St. Luke's so we can all meet you. Take care and I hope every day is better than the last for you and your family. Susan H
Laura B.
on 4/30/05 1:49 am - Gilbert, AZ
I'll have to dig out my paperwork on the support group meeting dates and times. I think it would be a hoot meeting each and everyone of you. If you think about it shoot me a line to remind me. Thanks and I can't wait to meet you! Laura B
Brandy H
on 4/29/05 2:28 pm - Glendale, AZ
congratulations to you! wishing you a speedy recovery as well as a speedy weightloss! yay you!
Trisha
on 4/29/05 3:49 pm - Glendale, AZ
Yay!! Glad you are home and doing good! Yep, I am not an ice-chip fan myself, but when I got to room post-op I was begging for them. They got them to me fast and My gosh.....ice never tasted so good! LOL You wore jeans to the hospital?? LOL You are so cute!! But I know you had a LOT going on that day - daughter going to ER, etc. Wow! Glad you got home okay and you wore the robe on top. You made it work. I was so glad to meet you face to face. You looked great when I saw you, and I know things are just going to get better for you from here on out!! You have a great attitude!! That makes all the difference in the world! You've been one busy gal since leaving hospital - parties, shopping, etc. Wow! You go girl!! I LOVE Barnes & Noble too. They just opened a new one just down the street from where I live a couple months ago and I love going there. Such a treat! Well, keep us all posted on your progress!! So glad everything went good and you are doing great!
oldpolly1
on 5/1/05 6:46 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
Laura, So glad you're home and doing fine. Sorry your baby's not feeling well, but if she has to have Chicken Spots, now's a good time, since you will be home with her. They usually feel OK with them, but still can't go to school, so keeping them busy can be a chore...maybe she can help you out! She can refill your water glass, etc, and feel like she is a little nurse!!! Anyway, hope you feel great and soon see the fruits of all of your sacrifice. Bonnie B
Most Active