Where is a good support group?

Wendella
on 4/29/05 8:38 am - Mesa, AZ
I live in Mesa/ Gilbert and am looking for a support group that meets during the day. Yes I know they have them at night but if anyone has info on anything during the day please share. I work in the evenings and can not make the night ones. Thanks
amitto1
on 4/29/05 11:22 am - Birmingham, MI
Hi Wendy, I am in the same position, my support group meets at night as well, if you hear of any I would love to hear from you as I work from 12:30 to 9 m-f...thanks and good luck
Trisha
on 4/29/05 3:51 pm - Glendale, AZ
Contact your hospital/surgeon's office and they should be able to help you out. I know there's a Chandler support group, but they meet on Thursday EVENINGS twice a month. There should be at least one day support group here in the valley. Not EVERYONE works days. Let me know if you find one.
Arizona_Sun
on 5/3/05 12:38 am - Gilbert, AZ
The Chandler group meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at Chandler Regional Hospital. Central group (Mesa) meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at Banner Mesa. Sandy
Shrinking-Violet
on 5/14/05 5:04 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Sandy. I currently live in Tucson but I am moving to Chandler on June 4th, 2005. Is there a yahoo group or other website for the Chandler support group? I'm a member of the Tucson support group (TUSWLS) right now, but I am looking for a group to join when I move to Chandler. I will be living at Chandler Blvd and Coronado St. I'm not too familiar with the area yet, is Chandler Regional Hospital close? Thanks! -Angela C. lap rny 07/28/04 229/145/134
Arizona_Sun
on 5/15/05 4:16 am - Gilbert, AZ
I emailed you the group link privately. Sandy
mrs.3m
on 5/1/05 3:30 am - Mesa, AZ
I do not have an answer for you since I am not there yet to look (I will be moving next month) But a suggestion I have is, why not start one of your own? Maybe call your docs office and find out how their meetings are held and see if they can post a flyer or something in the office notifying people who are interested. You would probably have to find someplace to hold them yourself though. Maybe a coffee shop or a local park. If you have 3 -4 people interested, you have yourself a group.
Arizona_Sun
on 5/3/05 12:45 am - Gilbert, AZ
I am not aware of any daytime groups, but that might not be a bad idea. Perhaps a little polling on some of the Arizona yahoo groups could give us an idea if anyone would like to attend a day group. I am available in the daytime. I attend the Chandler evening group on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at Chandler Regional Hospital. I live in Higley (Gilbert) at Power/Guadalupe Roads. Email me and I can see if we might be able to get something started. We could call the group WLS Daytimers or something like that. The biggest problem that I can think of might be getting access to a room during normal working hours. Sandy
Arizona_Sun
on 5/3/05 12:54 am - Gilbert, AZ
Wendy - I am polling my AZ yahoo groups to see if there is any interest in a day support meeting. Sandy
Most Active