I just got denied :(

victorious711
on 4/28/05 6:55 am - flagstaff, AZ
Hi there. I joined here almost two years ago when I first started this process and after a long constant struggle I just heard back that I got denied. I really dont think I can do another 6 month diet (AGAIN) I hear its pretty common to be denied the frist time. What can I do? INS CO: BC/BS
Terri M.
on 4/28/05 7:13 am - Pinedale, AZ
Victoria, I am so sorry you got denied. I see you are from flagstaff, that is where I had my surgery. Dr. Robert Berger just started up the WLS program there. He and His Nurse Nancy Scott are the Best! They help you with all the paperwork and Insurance approvals. Maybe they can help you. Dr. Berger does both RNY and Lap-Band surgery. I had Lap-Band in Nov. of 2004.Give them a call and see if they can help. It's worth a try!
victorious711
on 4/28/05 7:25 am - flagstaff, AZ
I had heard they were going to start doing WLS here in Flag but I wasnt sure they were doing it yet. Do you think that has anything to do with my denial??? I am currently planning to go with Arizona Bariatric in Phoenix with Dr Simon
Terri M.
on 4/28/05 8:25 am - Pinedale, AZ
Victoria, They started it in Nov. I was the first Lap-Bander there. I am not sure why you were denied but if you e-mail me your e-mail address I will send you his Phone # and Address. Like I said They are great and I am sure they can help you out!! If it were me I would stay close to home if possible. Terri
turkeybird
on 4/28/05 2:36 pm - AZ
Hi Victoria sorry to here about your denial. bc/bc denied me in 2003 after I had a consult with the wish center. I am stuck paying for that. I appealed and the creeps denied me again. I am now on state aid and my surgery is on Monday here at flagstaff medical center by doctor Berger. If you can qualify I would get on state aide even if it is a secondary insurance. Especially if you are diabetic you should qualify. What kind of co-morbidities do you have. If you would like we could e-mail and I could give you more info. I hope this helps Brenda
victorious711
on 4/29/05 3:18 am - flagstaff, AZ
*sigh* Im so down. They dednied me because they said my 6 month medically supervised diet wasnt 'comprehensive enough'. That it needed more detail. I have an appt with my PCP on Monday to start another 6 month program, but my heart is broken. I have been trying to do this actively since 2003. I keep getting the run around. My 'problem' is I dont have alot of co-morbities YET. I'm realtively hearlthy. I dont have high blood pressure or diabetes. My BMI is 57 but I'm active. Of course at this alititude I get out of breath easy. My major problems are low back (sciatic nerve_ problems, knee and joint pain. Half my left leg has been numb for 2 years (again the sciatic) Shortness of breath, sleep apnea, acid reflux (daily), sterility (cannot concieve). Im 5'3" and over 325, its stinking rdiculous that I have to wait till I have a heart attack.... I would like any info you can give me.
Gabrielle
on 4/29/05 7:51 am - Chester, VA
I've been denied too, it stinks. I'm appealing, and my advice to you would be to do the same. Has your insurance given you specifics on what they want in the 6 month program? Did you send them the doctor's notes? Maybe your PCP can write a detailed letter to go along with the clinical notes... Don't give up! Good luck!!
Trisha
on 4/29/05 4:07 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hey, I got denied too. It's VERY common. Just do the appeal (the denial letter has instructions on how to appeal) and you'll more than likely be approved. You won't have to start the process over again or anything. So hang in there. Stay positive! Just start the appeal process and before you know it - you'll be approved!!
Most Active