Worried, Stressed, Scared.....

Learning2LuvMe
on 4/28/05 3:23 am - Phoenix, az
Hi there! My name is Carrie and I just recently joined this group. I have been trying to get approval for almost three years now. I finally was approved and am seeing Dr. Fang. Go****s been a long process, but Im so tired of hurting all the time. I dont have a surgery date yet, hopefully I will next week. I am looking forward to talking to others in the area and learning more about your journey as well as mine. I have several friends that are 2-4 yrs post op....they are doing well. Now that I have the approval....I find myself being a little scared. I know its the right thing for me right now. Just got the jitters! Please keep in touch......
cynthia E.
on 4/28/05 4:43 am - buckeye, AZ
Carrie; Congrats on your approval. Hopefully you won't have to wait to long for a surgery date. Dr. Fang was the surgeon that took out my gallbladder. He was real nice. Now the dreaded pre-op testing. Be strong, they are the worst part of the entire process. They will take most of a day and you will feel like a lab rat. Once that is done, the surgery will come and you will be on your way. If you were not scared, didn't have the jitters then something would really be wrong with you. It is normal to go through all the emotions you are having excited but scared. Have faith girl that will pull through it all. We are all here to support you! Hope this helps. Cynthia
sandust1
on 4/28/05 6:28 am - Glendale, AZ
Welcome, Carrie we are here for you! God Bless, Sandy P
Trisha
on 4/29/05 4:10 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi, Carrie! Welcome aBOARD!! Glad you are here! I had Dr. Fang too. He's awesome! Don't be scared! You should be excited and overjoyed that you'll be on the losing side soon! Pat will be calling you soon or sending you a letter with your surgery date and pre-op testing date info. So be checking your mailbox daily for that! Let us know when you get it. It's so exciting. I still have mine. I plan to put it in a scrapbook when I get around to making one on my WLS journey. How exciting! Glad you posted. Post often!! Dr. Fang is great. So is his PA, Ben. And St. Luke's is great. I had a good experience there.
Most Active