Soy Crisps!!

Apostolic G.
on 4/27/05 7:08 am - AZ
Trisha I see you updated your picture. Your looking really good. Keep up the awesome job. The soy chips sounds good. I will have to try them. Guess you can buy them at any grocery store? Or should I try Trader Joe's? I couldn't eat any kind of beef for over a year. It would make me sick. Even turkey. Chicken was the only thing I could keep down. I also couldn't eat bread until I was a year out. Funny how picky our pouch is, even when you are farther out. Have a blesse day.
Michele M.
on 4/27/05 2:37 pm - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Im not even going to try them, because I would probably end up liking them too much. Chips and stuff were a bad habit that I've broken. My snacks now are usually fruits, or vegetables, or cheese. Also, my endocrinologist wants me to avoid soy as much as possible. The NIH has linked problems caused by soy consumption in individuals who are hypothyroid. Something to do with it interfering with the absorption of the synthetic thyroid we take. So anyway, she told me to avoid soy to be on the safe side, and I am =) Michele
Trisha
on 4/27/05 3:11 pm - Glendale, AZ
Yeah, your first sentence is so me. I LOVE them and find myself eating more than I should because I tolerate them well and they are easy to go down. But they are processed foods and i should be focusing on non-processed foods. Sorry folks for this thread!! What was I thinking! It's like me saying "Hey, chocolate covered raisins are great!" Yeah, there's something good IN it, but it's processed so nutritional value is nill. I appreciate everyone's replies on this. My weight loss has slowed down this week and I think the soy chips are the culprit because it has become my latest addiction.
Sandy in Tucson
on 4/28/05 10:00 am - Tucson, AZ
I agree with you..........................I will not try them....I eat alittle fruit. I do the South Beach way 90% of the time. No flour-sugar.....just fresh food. Meat and veggies mostly. I am so scared of weight loss stopping. I want this weight off so bad, I guess i am obsessed. Sandy Dr. Fang...Nov. 4-2004 340/245/160
Apostolic G.
on 4/27/05 3:36 pm - AZ
No need to apologize for the thread. You found something you liked and wanted to share it. Everyone has there own opinion on what to eat and what not to eat. I have lost 205 pounds so far, and still loosing and I Do eat the forbidden things sometimes, just in moderation. You don't have to give up the things you enjoy the rest of your life. Just be careful and like I said in moderation.
Most Active