Soy Crisps!!

Trisha
on 4/26/05 4:01 pm - Glendale, AZ
Well, about 7 weeks out and I am LOVING soy crisps!! They are packed full of protein and taste like i'm eating chips! Gosh , I love 'em!! I'm able to eat anything crunchy like crackers, chex mix, ritz chips and such. It's great being able to crunch. I still can't eat chicken or beef. Only kind of meat I can tolerate is ground beef (meat loaf, chili, meat balls, taco meat, sloppy joes, etc.), shrimp and chicken salad (with mayo, etc.) I can't just eat a bite of chicken breast without throwing it right back up. I hear this is temporary. I miss chicken!! I'm sick of protein drinks. Doing protein bars now and eating lots of beans and cheese and eggs to get protein in. Sprouts is having good sales on protein bars and they have a HUGE selection. Check it out! I'm doing good on water. I get plenty of that in per day. Usually around 60-70 oz. It's like the more water I drink, the more water I crave. I know for my weight I should be drinking like twice that, but I'm doing good. When I work out and such I drink more. I've been off soda now for 7 weeks. WOW! That's a record for me. I don't even crave them now. Before I could barely go a day without one. But now if I eat out I either ge****er or lemonade - I know - we aren't supposed to drink with our meals, but I usually have a sip or two. I don't gulp it down like I used to. I also usually have a small dixie cup of OJ with calcium in the morning (3oz). Yummy! But I love those soy crisps. If you haven't tried them before, try them. They come in all sorts of flavors (ranch, bbq, cheese, etc.) I guess they are like rice cakes, but lighter and not as dry. And they are sooooo good for you!! But I need to watch it when I eat it - I feel like I could eat the whole bag (only 2.5 servings per bag). So I have to count them out, measure, etc. to make sure I'm not eating too much at one sitting. I'm bad about eating at the PC and with soy crisps and chex mix, etc. it's easy to just munch away and lose count. Bad, Trisha!! So what are you craving this week that you are eating more of than you should?
Stephanie J.
on 4/26/05 4:42 pm - Tucson, AZ
Well, with all that going in, I think we can rule out the stricture I was suggesting in that previous post! I'm at the opposite place from you right now. I became a professional dieter this past year and have gotten to the point that I have to watch myself to keep from continuing to lose now that I've gotten past my goal. I'm still trying to keep the junk foods at bay as I don't want to get the bad habits back, but have to remind myself to put some regular salad dressing on instead of the diet stuff in order to keep my calories up enough not to lose anymore. Never thought losing too much weight could be MY concern in a million years!! Life is so full of ironies sometimes.....- Stephanie J
Sandy in Tucson
on 4/26/05 11:01 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey Stephanie....buddy..................I will come over to your house soon. I will be in Sc the last week of May and the first week of JUne. See ya....Sandy
Sandy in Tucson
on 4/26/05 10:59 pm - Tucson, AZ
Trisha are you really changing your eating habits or just substituting them with what you think is healthy food? I doubt if soy crisps are allowed on South Beach or thruough the nuitritionist at St. Lukes...I am not trying to flame you but the futher out you are the less you can eat non-healthy food. Or you will not loose. You should be only eating non-processed food to optimum weight loss. Sandy in Tucson 95 lbs down 340/245/160
Stephanie J.
on 4/27/05 9:17 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Sandy! Yeah, the "non processed" route is a really good rule of thumb. If it comes in a bag, probably better to leave it alone. Other than the crackers, Trisha's diet sounds pretty good though and at least those soy crisps give a little protein. I think what our bodies will tolerate is often the final factor, though. The behavior mod aspect of the surgery itself can be very serious or very forgiving depending on the individual person's constitution and how the surgery heals. I was like the other lady on this thread (sorry, I forgot your name). I couldn't eat bread or beef for the life of me and it still blocks me up if I don't eat it veeeery slowly. I know other people who are able to eat sandwhiches at 3 months out and a little steak by 6. If I had been able to eat bread that early, I know I would have, but surely wouldn't have lost as quickly and drastically as I did with my level of intollerance. Drop in whenever you're in the neighborhood. I can't wait to see the new you! - Stephanie J
Sandy in Tucson
on 4/27/05 11:35 am - Tucson, AZ
I have not had one slice of bread white-wheat -whole grain or anything since surgery.....flour is worse than eating sugar from the sugar bowl. Sandy
Trisha
on 4/27/05 3:08 pm - Glendale, AZ
You are so right. It's processed food. My weight loss has slowed down this week, and this could be one of the culprits. I'll stop eating them for about a week and not rely on them for protein. Thanks for the reality check. I appreciate it. I need to focus on non-processed foods - especially right now. Thanks!
Randi D.
on 4/27/05 1:20 am - Peoria, AZ
Trish, I've tried soy crisps, and they are very good. You can also by soy chips at Frys. I haven't been snacking lately because I want to make sure I get my protein in. When you're further out, you'll be able to eat chicken. I've been eating the wraps from South Beach. They are very good and I only can eat one, and then I am done for the evening. I used to be a real big snacker, but I hate feeling uncomfortable, so if I'm not hungry, I don't eat. I started a new cross-stitch to keep my hands busy. Randi
sandust1
on 4/27/05 3:57 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Randi, Nice pic! Good to see you do you attend a support group?
Randi D.
on 4/28/05 4:40 pm - Peoria, AZ
Unfortunately, I don't get off from work in time. I am also going to school for Instructional Design. I'm doing very well with just interacting with the OH Board. I have gotten such good advise from tons of folks. Randi
Most Active