AHCCCS(AP/IPA) Information PLEASE!!!

wendyw614
on 4/26/05 5:29 am - El Mirage, AZ
can anyone out there tell me what I need for AP/IPA to be approved? I have to wait until june to get my first appointment at the Wish Center as they are not taking anymore AP/IPA patients until then. so if anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it!
sgirl
on 4/26/05 7:39 am - tucson, AZ
It's really hard to tell what that insurance wants from us. I also have the exact same insurance and now I have been denied once and I am afraid that I will be denied again. I go up for review again in OCTOBER!!!!. Can you believe that I have to wait until then. I have 3 years medically supervised diet documented and many co-morbidities (diabetes, high blood pressure, fatty liver, gynecological problems and severe back and knee discomfort everyday. That is still not enough for the insurance to say okay. FYI, just so you know, there is only one woman who works on these claims and she is quite a piece of work. She will make references to why you got to be so over weight. Email me anytime. Maybe we could swap stories. Which doctor did you pick? I picked Dr. Juarez. I understand he is great in his field. Good luck and I hope this helps. May I ask why you picked the Wish Center.
turkeybird
on 4/26/05 8:49 am - AZ
I didn't know that the wish center was taking ahcccs. I think they suck and if that was my only choice I rather be fat. I had bcbc of Arizona and they denied the surger with the wish center. That was in 2003. Needless to say I have been working off a huge bill with them. But since then I have got my surgery approved with ap\ipa. I have surgery on Monday. I have been on a dr. diet since july of 2004. I also have high blood pressure, gerd, severe sleep apnea, knee and back pain 2 herniated discs in my back, and Diabetes. I worked with my dr kept my food log and an exercise and was approved when my info was sent to them. I am thankful for them I am 30 with a 3 yr old and I want to see my son grow up. Good luck with your journey. Brenda
Most Active