Nightgown straps

Trisha
on 4/24/05 3:35 pm - Glendale, AZ
My nightgown straps are both falling over my shoulders because my night gown is so big on me now. I love it!! I went into surgery wearing a size 26/28 in pants and 30/32 in shirts. Now 46 lbs later I'm wearing a 22/24 in pants and shirts range from a 24-28 right now - I think - not sure. I think I'm between sizes on shirts. I can't figure it out. My 4X days are over and long gone!! Yay!! Clothes that were tight on me pre-op are now loose on me. Thin people don't understand that losing 46 lbs on a super obese (BMI 51 originally) doesn't go down a ton of sizes when losing 46 lbs. Just a size or two. Some former co-workers wrote me last week and said, "I bet you are a rail!!" I'm like, I'm still obese, folks. I don't think people realize how much I weighed. Who knows. I'm still over 300. But my BMI has gone from 51 to 44.9 in just over 6 weeks. Isn't that fantastic?!! WOWSER! Anyway, what was my point to this post? Oh.....yeah, I need to get some new night shirts/gowns! LOL Time to go shopping! I plan on getting work/casual clothes from clothing exchanges and second hand stores as I lose weight, but nightgowns are different. I buy those new. LOL
ems1211
on 4/24/05 3:43 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Trisha Have you ever gone to Savers? I am not , nor ever have been, into resale stores, but I had found some good things there (pants & jeans) during this past winter. There are 2 on this side of town. 1 on SW corner of 35th Ave & Bell, the other around 75th Ave & Bell. Good luck, & congrats on your loss. Looking forward to seeing you at the support group at St. Luke's in a couple of weeks. Susan
Laura B.
on 4/25/05 1:27 am - Gilbert, AZ
Who needs nightgowns I say LET IT ALL HANG OUT! The New Times newspaper usually has a section on resale clothing places. A few years ago I went to one called Her Majesty's Closet it was somewhere in the Scottsdale area, not sure if it is still around but let me tell you I had the best luck there and for a little over $200 I walked out with more clothes than I knew what to do with. Have fun shopping!! Laura B
ems1211
on 4/25/05 3:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
Her Majesty's Closet is on Bethany Home Rd., just East of 16th Street. It is on the north side of the road in a tiny strip store center (not stripping, but restaurant & stores ). She is closed on Sunday & Monday. She also buys your used items on consignment. Susan
tres35cowgirl8
on 4/25/05 3:43 am - * _ *, AZ
I just wear by big baggy t-shirts to bed nice and roomy now. I'll wait to buy new one's when I am 100 lbs loss. Might save money to get you new pants and shirts. My underware are baggy too so it's time to buy those and Bra's I havent wore in two yrs now fit.
Most Active