BC/BS Insurance coverage?

karen_n_az
on 4/23/05 4:17 pm - Thatcher, AZ
Hi, I was wondering if anyone in Arizona or New Mexico has been covered for any WLS by Blue Cross/Blue Shield. About four months ago I called to get the requirements for surgery from a representative at bc/bs and was told that at the begining of 2005 they would nolonger be covering any type of WLS. Those policy holders that were approved before 2005 but had surgery dates into the new year would still be covered however. I've checked throughout this site but there are no recent updates for what Im looking for. If anyone has any input I would really appreciate it very much. Karen n AZ
Still fat but happy
on 4/23/05 4:19 pm - phoenix, AZ
I have a BC/BS HMO and was approved only 3 weeks ago. Final approval only took 4 days. They were great about it.
karen_n_az
on 4/23/05 4:25 pm - Thatcher, AZ
That sounds great!!! I believe that I am PPO or at least thats what i have a symbol of on my card. I hope to be approved also. My doctor is scheduling me with Dr. juarez at st lukes. thank you for the reply, I guess I will be anxious about this until i walk out of the hospital. I want to thank you again for the reply and if anyone wants to email me please feel free. [email protected] I would love to give and receive support! brightest blessings karen
Still fat but happy
on 4/23/05 4:29 pm - phoenix, AZ
I know how you feel. I cried when I got the call that I was approved. From what ive seen BC/BS has a good approval rating. My surgery is only 3 days away with Dr. Magary and i couldnt be more nervous or more excited about it!! Best of luck to you on your journy. Stay in touch an let me know how things are going!!!
karen_n_az
on 4/23/05 4:44 pm - Thatcher, AZ
I want to wish you good luck on your surgery date! as soon as you feel well email me and let me know how your doing! I am emotional about the surgery at all times. I read the success stories on here and want to cry. I think trisha's was the first that I read. The bill thing was to cute. Good Luck your so lucky! Karen
Most Active