Home & 5 days post-op

Susan S.
on 4/23/05 12:15 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi everyone, I'm home and 5 days post op. I have been on a clear liquid diet and was wondering if I could have sugar free pudding? I'm feeling a little run down as, I have an infection where my IV was in my arm.....weird, huh. Just wondering if something a little more filling will help me feel better? Thanks! Susan S.
Stephanie J.
on 4/23/05 1:59 pm - Tucson, AZ
A little tired is actually not bad for being one week post op. I was MUY, MUY tired for about at least a month. I'm pretty sure I was allowed pudding right off the bat. If memory serves, they gave me a little in the hospital. You can fortify it with some unflavored powdered protein as well to give it a little boost. Take good care of that infected arm. - Stephanie J
Laura B.
on 4/23/05 2:17 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Glad you are home and doing well. I'm pretty sure that SF pudding is ok. Does your doctor know about the infection? I agree with the other post, try to get some extra protein by mixing it with your pudding, your body has been through a lot so it has the right to feel a little run down, but please do not let the infection go on. They should be able to call in some meds for you if they haven't already. Take care of yourself, Laura B 4/26/05
Trisha
on 4/24/05 7:31 am - Glendale, AZ
Welcome back home! SF pudding and jello is good at your stage. Just take small bites and eat very, very, very slow. Didn't your surgeon or dietician give you a nutrition guide for all the eating phases post-op with a list of foods to eat/not eat? That sure helped me! If your surgeon says clear liquids, then NO pudding yet!! Don't advance yourself on the stages unless he gives the OK.
cynthia E.
on 4/25/05 2:28 am - buckeye, AZ
Yes you can have pudding. I would add some fat free cool whip to it. good plus you get some extra protein. Your body has to heal all over. You will start to feel more energy hopefully by next week. Maybe alittle more protein will help. I know it is hard to even think of trying to eat or drink more. Hang in there. Cynthia
Most Active