Miralax...anyone try it

Sandy in Tucson
on 4/22/05 10:26 am - Tucson, AZ
I have had severe constipation since 7 weeks post-op...before that it was severe diaherra.....one side to the other, I know. I am a mess!!! Anyways, I had lots of bleeding and pain going to the bathroom since 7 weeks out. I had colonscopy just before Easter. Dr. determined hemmroids....but not bad enough to operate. Anyways, he said lots of water and to grind flax daily, eat it fresh and take 2 fiber con pills daily. That regiment worked for about 2 weeks, then I am constipated again. I eat no flour products-none and eat very very fats. I believe the constipation is stopping my weight loss. Anyways, now the the Dr. who did the colonscopy has ordered Miralax or generic Glycolax. Has anyone had Miralax since WLs surgery? I hope it helps. I am so full of cr--....lol...I need help....kinda scared to use it. My surgery has caused me far more bowel problems than stomach problems. Sandy...Dr. Fang...revision...Nov. 4-2004....93 lbs down
Laura B.
on 4/22/05 2:21 pm - Gilbert, AZ
We user Miralax at our house. I'm not post op but I know it's a good product. My youngest daughters bowel makes a sharp 90 degree angle and we have to make sure that she doesn't get backed up, if she does she is in extreme pain. Our doctor stressed the water part too along with high fiber items. When her symptoms act up we keep peanut butter and cheeses away from her. Good luck with the Miralax, jeez, after you take it you'll probably end up at goal weight. Take care, Laura B
Sandy in Tucson
on 4/22/05 2:53 pm - Tucson, AZ
I eat peanut butter daily for a treat. I will cut it out. I also read that that the sugar in peanut butter out weigh the protein benifit. Darn I love peanut butter...never thought it could be the problem....ty Sandy in Tucson
Stephanie J.
on 4/22/05 5:06 pm - Tucson, AZ
I would not cut out all natural fats or oils either. A little olive oil or butter in your regular diet is good for you. Your body, and especially your skin, needs a certain amount of fat to function properly. And DO push those fluids. Make yourself get 64 ounces a day in no matter what! - Stephanie J
Trisha
on 4/24/05 7:53 am - Glendale, AZ
Sorry you are having issues. I haven't tried Miralax, but take Phillips M.O.M. about once a week for issues. Post-op I had diarreah for about 2-3 weeks, blame the liquids and stuff I was drinking, and then now it's regular, but do have to take Phillips about once a week when I go a day without having anything. I hope that these problems go away for you. Have you tried an "internal cleanse" (bought at health food stores)? Maybe that can help the natural way. But follow doctor's orders. See if it helps. If not, seek a 2nd opinion - especially when it's as serious as our bowels!
Most Active