6 Month Medically Supervised Diet

Pamela E.
on 4/18/05 4:42 am - Buckeye, AZ
I'm almost finished with my six month medically supervised diet. I was supposed to have lost approx. 24 lbs., but lost about 20 instead. During the last month I think I've gained 10! Will this give my insurance company an excuse to deny approval?
Still fat but happy
on 4/18/05 8:24 am - phoenix, AZ
I only lost 7 lbs on my 6 month diet and I was approved. I wouldnt worry too much about it.
Laura B.
on 4/18/05 10:33 am - Gilbert, AZ
You lost 20 pounds, that's great! Don't worry about the weight gain, that shouldn't give the insurance ammo against your request. Just hang in there and make sure that the supervised diet was all recorded. Please keep us posted, Laura B
cynthia E.
on 4/19/05 6:12 am - buckeye, AZ
Pamela Hi, I am also from buckeye. 20 lbs is great. That is real close to the request. Don't beat yourself up over it! I think if you show them that you are still trying and that you are ready for the life style change. You will have a good chance of the approval. When I started my journey with the Mayo Clinic, I was suppose to loose 10 lbs before they would let me see the surgeon. I had only lost 3 lbs in 3 months. Then I switched to Dr. Juarez @ St. Lukes. It was never mentioned again. I guess my point is if your surgeons office has everything in order for the insurance. You should still get approved. Best of luck, cynthia
rron999
on 4/19/05 8:21 am - Victorville, CA
Pam, you did a great pre-op diet.now just make sure your surgeons office has everything together and all the criteria met for your insurance to approve it.good luck and god bless,,,,,,Ron in yuma az
Trisha
on 4/21/05 8:06 am - Glendale, AZ
You are so cute! You sound like me last year when I was yo-yoing on the dr's diet, gaining and losing the same 10 lbs. Insurance companies do not care how much weight you lose on the doctor's diet. You can lose 50 lbs or gain 50 lbs. It just shows that you saw the doctor monthly and weighed in and talked and it's just a hoop you have to go through. I had to go through a bunch of hoops too. Hang in there! Congrats on losing 20 lbs!! That is awesome!! I wish I had done that good when on the dr supervised weight loss plan. However, my dr's plan was a 900 calorie a day diet. PLEASE!! My BMI was 51, I was super morbidly obese and I was expected to eat 900 cals a day? Give me a break! So I did what I could, but I didn't stress over it. Anyway, no, gaining 10 lbs in the past month won't cause insurance to deny you. I gained 11 lbs one month myself during my 6 mos dr diet.
Most Active