Denied

yoyomama
on 4/18/05 1:42 am - Ft.Thomas, AZ
My insurance carrier, Schaller Anderson, denied coverage for wls. I half way expected it. I am preparing an appeal.
Pamela E.
on 4/18/05 4:54 am - Buckeye, AZ
I am so very sorry Schaller Anderson denied you. That doesn't give me much hope. Next week I'll complete my six month medically supervised diet, along with all of the other tests and appointments they make you go through. Then Tish said they'll transcribe everything and compile all of my information to send to Schaller Anderson. Everyone at Scottsdale Bariatric has been 100% positive it will be approved. Up until today when I read your post, I had been 100% positive too. What is WRONG with these people? I'm so disgusted with them! Are you a State of Arizona employee? I am. It probably wouldn't have been any different if I had chosen UHC. They all have the came exclusions drawn up by the employer. Hey - I will be thinking of you and hoping your appeal goes through.
Stephanie J.
on 4/18/05 4:13 pm - Tucson, AZ
This is so maddening. I hope at some point, the numbers of people who are being denied because the insurance companies are bribing companies with lower premiums to exclude coverage, will reach a critical enough mass that we all get motivated to get off our duffs and make a big political stink about this. Imagine if companies could be talked into excluding heart bypass surgery (an equally expensive surgery). No. We can't imagine it. And the reason is that it's a man's disease. A disease of low clout fat women can be ignored without any societal repercussions because we're a disliked and disparaged group. We really have to stand up and be counted and let the insurance companies know through government action, that we will no longer be ignored. Until we demand respect, no one's gonna give it and we should expect more of the same. - Stephanie J
rron999
on 4/19/05 8:18 am - Victorville, CA
Dei, Dont worry they almost always deny the first time through. Write a letter to the board telling them why you want the WLS and be very outspoken and dont leave out any details. send in your appeal and they should approve it the next time in. Make sure your case worker has all the criteria met for your insurance to approve it..good luck and god bless...Ron in Yuma,az
Trisha
on 4/21/05 8:11 am - Glendale, AZ
Don't give up! I was denied too. Do the appeal and go above and beyond in proof that you need surgery. Don't get down about the approval. It's very common they deny claims and then approve them on 1st appeal. So be positive!! I know you'll get approved!!! Don't half way expect a denial. You need to have a positive attitude over there, okay!!! POSITIVE ATTITUDE BRINGS POSITIVE RESULTS!!!
Most Active